Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Work, which is common for IBPS, SBI, RBI, IPPB, SSC, LIC and other competitive exams . We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!
- Mohan can do a work in 15 days. After working for 3 days he is joined by Vinod. If they complete the remaining work in 3 more days, in how many days can Vinod alone complete the work?
Answer – C.5 days
Total days Mohan worked = 3+3 = 6
6/15 = 2/5
So 3/5 = 3/x
x = 5
- Arun can do a certain work in the same time in which Bipasha and Rahul together can do it. If Arun and Bipasha together could do it in 10 days and Rahul alone in 50 days, then Bipasha alone could do it in:
Answer – C.25 days
Arun, Bipasha and rahul’s 1 day work = 1/10 + 1/50 = 6/50 = 3/25
Arun’s 1 day work = Bipasha + Rahul ‘s 1 day work
2*( Arun’s 1 day work) = 3/25
Arun’s 1 day work = 3/50
Bipasha’s 1 day work = 1/10 – 3/50 = 2/50 = 1/25
- Sekar, Pradeep and Sandeep can do a piece of work in 15 days. After all the three worked for 2 days, sekar left. Pradeep and Sandeep worked for 10 more days and Pradeep left. Sandeep worked for another 40 days and completed the work. In how many days can sekar alone complete the work if sandeep can complete it in 75 days?
Answer – C.30 days
Assume the total work to be 600 units. (LCM of all the numbers)
Then Sandeep’s 1 day work = 8 units.
All three’s 1 day work = 40 units.All work together in the first 2 days
Work done in the first 2 days = 40 × 2 = 80 units
Sandeep alone works during the last 40 days
Work done in the last 40 days = 40 × 8 = 320 units
Remaining work = 600 – (320 + 80) = 200 units
This work is done by pradeep and sandeep in 10 days.
Pradeep and Sandeep together’s 1 day work = 20 units
Sekar’s 1 day work = All three 1 day work – Pradeep and Sandeep together’s 1 day work = 40 units – 20 units = 20 units
Sekar can do the work of 600 units in 30 days.
- Dinesh does 80% of a work in 20 days. He then calls in Gokul and theytogether finish the remaining work in 3 days. How long Gokul alone would take to do the whole work?
C.37 ½ days
E.39 ½ days
Answer – C.37 ½ days
Dinesh work done = 20*5/4 = 25 days
1/5 workdone by Dinesh and gokul in 3days.
Whole work done = 15 days
Dinesh 1 days work = 1/25
Dinesh and gokul’s 1 day work = 1/15
Gokul’s 1 day work = 1/15 – 1/25 = 2/75
Gokul alone in 75/2 days or 37 ½ days.
- Hari and Vijay can together finish a work in 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then Vijay left. After another 20 days, hari finished the remaining work. In how many days hari alone can finish the work?
Answer – B.60
Hari + vijay 20 days work = 1/30 *20 = 2/3
Remaining work = 1/3
1/3 work in 20 days so whole work in 60 days.
- Madhavan can finish a work in 5 hours. He invites Manohar and Manjima who can work 3/4th as fast as he can to join him. He also invites Mani and Mohan who can work only 1/5th as fast as he can to join him. If the five person team works the same job and they start together, how long will it take for them to finish the job?
Answer – C.50/29 days
Let the work be 100 units.
Madhavan’s 1 hour work = 100/5 = 20 units
Manohar and Manjima’s 1 day work = 3/4 × 20 = 15 units.
Mohan and Mani’s 1 day work = 1/5 × 20 = 4 units.
In one day all five of them can do = 20 + 15 + 15 + 4 + 4 = 58 units of work. Hence they can complete the work in 100/58 days.
- A typing work is done by three person P, Q and R. P alone takes 10 hours to type a single booklet but B and C working together takes 4 hours, for the completion of the same booklet. If all of them worked together and completed 14 booklets, then how many hours have they worked?
Answer – B.40hrs
1/P = 1/10
1/P + 1/Q + 1/R = 1/10 + ¼ = 7/20
In 20 hours, working together, they will complete 7 booklets.
Thus, in 40 hours they will complete 14 booklets.
- Nakul and Ram are working on aproduction company. Nakul takes 6 hours to make 32 products, while Ram takes 5 hours to make 40 products. How much time will they take, working together to make 110 products?
B.8 hours 15 minutes
D.8 hours 25 minutes
E.9 hours 15 minutes
Answer – B.8 hours15 minutes
Number of products made by Nakul in 1 hour = 32/6 = 16/3
Number of products made by Ram in 1 hour = 40/5 = 8
Number of products made by both in 1 hour = 16/3 + 8 = 40/3
Time taken by both to make 110 products = 110* 3/40 = 8 ¼ hrs
- Gopal does a work in 90 days, Vikash in 40 days and Santhosh in 12 days. They work one after another for a day each, starting with Gopal followed by Vikash and then by Santhosh. If the total wages received are Rs 360 and Gopal, Vikash, Santhosh share them in the ratio of the work done, find their respective individual wages.
A.Rs 44, Rs 80 and Rs 264
B.Rs 40, Rs 87 and Rs 276
C.Rs 36, Rs 81 and Rs 243
D.Rs 42, Rs 86 and Rs 232
E.Rs 37, Rs 89 and Rs 284
Answer – C.Rs 36, Rs 81 and Rs 243
Assume there are 360 units of work (LCM of 90, 40 and 12).
Hence, they can do 4,9 and 30 units per day or together 43 units every 3 days.
So In 24 days, 43×8=344 units of work is completed.
In the next 2 days, 13 unitsare completed and on 27th day,Santhosh takes 1/10 thof a day to finish the rest.
So, gopal and vikash worked for 9 days each and have hence put in 36 and 81 units respectively, and the rest of the 243 units is put in by santhosh.
The wages shall also be distributed in the same ratio as: Rs 36, Rs 81 and Rs 243.
- When Ashok and Karthik are working alone, they can complete a piece of work in 25 days and 30 days respectively. On day 1, Karthik started the work and Ashok joined B from day 3 on-wards. Find approximately after how many days will the work be completed?
Answer – C.15 days
Fraction of work completed by Karthik on day 1 and day 2 = 2* 1/30 = 1/15
Fraction of work left after 2 days = 14/15
Fraction of work completed by Both = 1/25 + 1/30 = 11/150
Number of days after day 2 to complete work = 14*150/15*11 = 13 days
So after 2+13 = 15 days works will be completed