Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Percentage with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- In a library 5 percent books are in English, 10 percent of the remaining are in hindi and 15 percent of the remaining are in Sanskrit. The remaining 11628 books are in French. Then find the total number of books in the library.
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 16000
Let total books are A, then (95/100)*(90/100)*(85/100)*A = 11628
- A solution contains 10% of salt by weight. On evaporation 15 litre of water evaporates and now concentration of salt becomes 20 percent. Find the initial quantity of solution
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 30ltr
Let initial quantity is x litre
final, salt = (x/10)/ (x – 15) = 20/100
- A student has to get 40 percent marks to pass an examination. He got 60 marks but fails by 20 marks. Find the maximum marks of the examination.
e) None of theseAnswer –b) 200
(40/100)*M – 20 = 60 (M is the maximum marks)
- The number of seats in a cinema hall is decreased by 12 percent and the price of tickets also decreased by 4 percent. Find the change in the collection of revenue.
a) decrease 15.52%
b) decrease 16.52%
c) decrease 17.52%
d) decrease 14.325
e) None of theseAnswer –a) decrease 15.52%
Let initial seats = 100 and cost per seat = 100, so initial revenue = 10000
now final revenue = 88*96 = 8448
% percent change in revenue = [(10000 – 8448)/10000]*100 = 15.52%
- A trader marks the price at 8 percent higher than the original price. Due to the hike in demand he again increases the price by 10 percent. How much percent profit he gets.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 18.8%
Suppose initial price = 100
Then final price = 100*(108/100)*(110/100) = 118.8
So percent profit = 18.8
- The population of a town is 15000. It increases by 10 percent in the first year and 20 percent in the second year. But in the third year it decreases by 10 percent. What will be the population after 3 years.
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 17820
15000*(11/10)*(12/10)*(9/10) = 17820
- One type of liquid contains 20 percent milk and in other liquid it contains 30 percent milk. If 4 parts of the first and 6 parts of the second are taken and formed a new liquid A. Find the percentage of milk in third liquid.
e) None of theseAnswer – a) 26
milk = 20 and water = 80 (in 1st liquid)
milk = 30 and water = 70 (in 2nd liquid)
milk in final mixture = 20*4 + 30*6 = 260
so (260/1000)*100 = 26%
- A man has 2000 rupees in his account two years ago. In the first year he deposited 20 percent of the amount in his account. In the next year he deposited 10 percent of the increased amount in the account. Find the total amount in the account of the person after 2 years.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 2640
2000 + 400 + 240 = 2640 (400 in first year and 240 is added in the second year)
- 1000 sweets need to be distributed equally among the school students in such a way that each student gets sweet equal to 10% of total students. Then the number of sweets, each student gets.
e) None of theseAnswer – a) 10
No of students = T. Each student gets 10% of T. So, T students get T^2/10 sweets.
T^2/10 = 1000. We get T =10
- If the price of an article is increased by 15%, then by how much the household should decrease their consumption so as to keep his expenditure same.
a) 13(1/23) %
e) None of theseAnswer – a) 13(1/23) %
Decrease in expenditure = (15/115)*100 = 300/23 %
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification