Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which of the following Indian city is all set to get India’s first international arbitration centre ?
Answer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – On the sidelines of Make in India, Maharashtra Govt’s ambitious plans to set up India’s first international arbitration centre in Mumbai has been kicked off.
- To spread awareness about education among the nomadic and tribal children, which of the following state Govt has launched “school on wheels” (SOW) ?
Answer – C.Rajasthan
Explanation – Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched “school on wheels” (SOW), equipped with a library unit to spread awareness about education among the nomadic and tribal children.
- Recently, India has inked a grant agreement with which of the following country for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II ?
Answer – B.United States
Explanation – India’s aviation regulator the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and United States Technical Development Agency (USTDA) have signed the Grant Agreement for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II.
- Which of the following has become the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away unsold food ?
Answer – D.France
Explanation – France has become the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food instead instructed them to donate it to charities and food banks.
- Which of the following bank has signed MoU with Universal Sompo General Insurance Co.Ltd. for providing personal accident death coverage ?
A.Bank of India
Answer – C.Corporation Bank
Explanation – Corporation Bank has signed a MoU with Universal Sompo General Insurance Co.Ltd. for providing personal accident death coverage to its savings bank account holders under Corp Signature, Corp Super and Corp Saral category.Corporation Bank provides free personal accident death cover of Rs. 10 lakh to its Corp Signature and Rs. 5 lakh to its Corp Super account holders.
- International Grown Diamond Association (IGDA) has appointed which of the following as its President ?
Answer – D.Vishal Mehta
Explanation – 34 year old Indian origin Vishal Mehta has been designated as the president of the newly-formed International Grown Diamond Association (IGDA).
- Recently, Bandhan Bank has announced the launch of an international debit card in association with Visa. What is the tagline for Bandhan Bank ?
A.Tann. Mann. Dhan
B.Aao Sochein Bada
C.Badhti Ka naam Zindagi
D.Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai
Answer – D.Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai
Explanation – Bandhan Bank has announced the launch of an international debit card in association with Visa. It has also begun banking services for overseas Indians.
The card will have two variants – Visa Classic and Visa Platinum.
- Union textile Ministry has presented the Indian Handloom Brand tag to which of the following saree for its unique designs and identity ?
A.Sambalpuri cotton saree
B.Chettinad cotton saree
C.Shantipuri cotton saree
D.Khandua cotton saree
Answer – B.Chettinad cotton saree
Explanation – Under the India Handloom Brand Scheme, union textile Ministry has presented the Indian Handloom Brand tag to Chettinad cotton saris for its unique designs and identity.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has joined hands with which of the following ?
Answer – C.Chaayos
Explanation – Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) entering into a tie up with leading tea cafe chain Chaayos.Passengers get their tea and snacks delivered to their train seats directly.
- The Energy and Resources Institute (Teri) has appointed which of the following as its executive vice-chairman ?
C.R K Pachauri
D.Deepak S Parekh
Answer – C.R K Pachauri
Explanation – Former chief of The Energy and Resources Institute (Teri) R K Pachauri has been appointed executive vice-chairman of the organisation despite an ongoing inquiry in a sexual harassment case against him.
- Recently HCL has inistigated an Internet of Things (IoT) Incubation Center in partnership with which of the following ?
Answer – B.Microsoft
Explanation – HCL Technologies has launched an Internet of Things (IoT) Incubation Center in partnership with Microsoft. It will based at Redmond, Washington, USA.
- Sushil Koirala, who has been recently passed away was the former prime minister of which country ?
Answer – D.Nepal
Explanation – Nepal’s former prime minister and president of the Nepali Congress Sushil Koirala passes away due to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). He was 78.
- National pollution watchdog “Central Pollution Control Board’s (CPCB)” has released its latest report “National Air Quality Indices (AQI)” on how many Indian cities ?
Answer – B.24
Explanation – National pollution watchdog “Central Pollution Control Board’s (CPCB)” has released its latest report “National Air Quality Indices (AQI)” on the comparison of pollution levels among 24 Indian cities in the month of January 2016.
- South Asian Wrestling Federation (SAWF) has appointed which of the following as its President ?
C.Chawdhury Mohd. Ajgar
Answer – D.Brijbhushan Singh
Explanation – Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief Brijbhushan Sharan Singh has been appointed as the president of the South Asian Wrestling Federation (SAWF).
- Nida Fazli, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – C.Poet
Explanation – Noted Urdu poet and lyricist Nida Fazli passes away due to heart attack. He was 78.