Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for IBPS, SBI, RRB,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
Direction: (Q1-5). Refer the table and answer the given questions.
Total Population in Five Cities = 30,00,000
|Cities||Total Population(In Lakhs)||Rural : Urban||Male : Female||Literate : Illiterate||% of Graduate out of total population|
- The total population of Mumbai and Hyderabad is 12,25,000. The difference between the total population of Mumbai and Hyderabad is 55000. If the Hyderabad has more population than Mumbai then the urban population of Mumbai and Hyderabad together is approximately what percent of total population of these two Cities?
Mumbai + Hyderabad = 12,25,000
Hyderabad – Mumbai = 55000
Hyderabad = 640000; Mumbai = 585000
Urban population of Mumbai and Hyderabad = 7/13* 585000 + 3/10 * 640000 = 507000
Percentage = (507000 / 12,25,000)*100 = 41%
- If the population of Mumbai is 105000 more than Bangalore then approximately, by what percent of urban population of Mumbai less than its Rural population?
E.None of the AboveAnswer –B.17%
Mumbai = 105000 + 480000 = 585000
Rural Population = 6/13 * 585000 = 270000
Urban Population = 7/13 * 585000 = 315000
Percentage = (Difference / Rural Population)*100 = (45000/ 270000)*100 = 17%
- One – fourth of total population of Hyderabad is 1,60,000. If the total number of Literate in Chennai and Bangalore are 48% and 44% of their population.The total number of literates in these cities is approximately what percentage compared to the total population of the same?
1/4 * Hyderabad = 1,60,000 =>Hyderabad = 6,40,000
Literate population of Hyderabad = 7/11 * 6,40,000 = 2,80,000
Literate population of Chennai = 295200
Literate population of Bangalore = 211200
Total number of Literate = 786400
Total population of three = 1735000
Percentage =786400/1735000 * 100 = 45%
- What is the sum of male population in Chennai and female population in Bangalore together ?
E.None of the AboveAnswer –C.6,40,500
Sum = 7/10 * 615000 + 7/16 *480000 = 430500+ 210000 = 640500
- If the percentage of literate graduates in Hyderabad is 1/5 th of literate graduates in Chennai then what is the difference between the number of literate graduates from Bangalore and Hyderabad?
Literate graduates in Hyderabad = 1/5 * literate graduates in Chennai
Literate graduates in Chennai = 55/100 * 615000 = 338250
Literate graduates in Hyderabad = 1/5 * 338250 = 67650
Literate graduates in Bangalore = 65/100 * 480000 = 312000
Diff = 312000 – 67650 = 244350
Direction: (Q6-10). Refer to the table and answer the given questions.
Total Number of People = 15000
|Professions||% of People||% of Females||% of Males|
- If the % of people in Engineering is 9% more than the % of people in Management. What is the difference between the number of males from management and the females from Engineering professions?
E.None of the AboveAnswer –C.279
% of People in Management = x ; % of People in Engineering = y
x + y = 100% -59% = 41%
x + y = 41
y – x = 9 => Engineering = 25% ; Management = 16%
Males from Management = 54/100* 2400 = 1296
Females from Engineering = 42/100 * 3750 = 1575
Difference = 1575 – 1296 = 279
- If the total % of people in Management Profession is 16%. Then the total number of people in Banking Profession is approximately what percent of the total number of people in Engineering Profession?
E.117 %Answer –C.84 %
Engineering = 100 – Others = 100 – 75 = 25%
Required Percentage = (21/25)*100 = 84%
- What is the ratio of the number of males in banking profession to the number of females in law profession?
Number of males in banking profession = 48/100 * 3150 = 1512
Number of females in law profession = 44/100 * 1350 = 594
Ratio = 1512 : 594 = 28:11
- What is the difference between the total number of males and the total number of females from all the professions together?
E.None of the AboveAnswer –B.360
Total number of Males = 15000*(13*38 + 25*58 + 21*48 + 9*56 + 16*35 + 16*54) / 100 * 100 = 7320
Total number of Females = 15000 – 7320 = 7680
Difference = 7680– 7320 = 360
- What is the total number of females in certain professions, where the number of female is more than that of male?
E.None of the AboveAnswer –B.4407
The number of female is more than that of male in Medical, Banking and Teaching.
Total = 1209+1638+1560 = 4407
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification