Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for IBPS, SBI, RRB,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
I. Study the following table carefully to answer the given Questions
A team of 5 players Gaurav, Ganesh, Gowtham, Guru and Govind participated in a tournament and played four matches (1 to 4). The following table gives partial information about their individual scores and the total score of the individual players in the tournament.Each column has two values missing which are the lowest scores in that match.
The total score of the team in match 1 and match 2 are 250 and 220 respectively.
Total score of players in the tournament
Total of missing value in match1 = 250-(119+64+23) = 44
Given that the missing value is the lowest score in that match. Then in match 1 the missing values should be <23. Only possibility is 22 + 22 = 44. So both the missing value is 22.
Total of missing value in match2 = 220-(100+16+74) = 30
The missing value is the lowest score in that match. Then in match 2 the missing values should be <16. Only possibility is 15 + 15 = 30. So both the missing value is 15.
Score of Gaurav in match 3 = 190 – (22+100+52) = 16
Score of Ganesh in match 3 = 239 – (119+16+82) = 22
Score of Gowtham in match 4 = 132 – (22+15+75) = 20
Score of Govind in match 4 = 123 – (22+15+66) = 20
Total score of players in the tournament
|Total score of the team||250||220||230||240||940|
- What is the ratio between the total runs scored by the team in Match 2 to that in Match 4?
Answer – C.11:12
The total runs scored by the team in Match 2 = 220
the total runs scored by the team in Match 4 = 240
Ratio = 220:240 = 11:12
- What is the difference between the highest individual score and the lowest individual score in the entire tournament?
Answer – D.104
Highest = 119
Lowest = 15
Difference = 119 – 15 = 104
- The lowest individual score in the tournament is what percent of the highest score by the team in the tournament?
Answer – B.6%
Lowest individual score in the tournament = 15
Highest score by the team in the tournament = 250
Percentage = 15*100/250 = 6%
- The average score in Match 2 is what percent less than the average score in Match 1 in the tournament?
Answer – C.12%
Average score in Match 1= 250/5 = 50
Average score in Match 2= 220/5 = 44
Percentage = 6*100/50 = 12%
- If in Match 3 the opponents won the match by 28 runs and in Match 4 the opponents lost by 31 runs, then what is the difference between the opponent scores in the both match?
Answer – D.49
Opponent score in Match 3 = 230+28 = 258
Opponent score in Match 4 = 240-31 = 209
Difference = 258-209 = 49
II. Study the following table carefully to answer the given Questions
Distribution of candidates enrolled for Engineering course from different institutes,
Distribution of candidates who successfully completed the course from different institutes,
- What percentage of candidates from Institute F has come out to be successful out of total candidates enrolled in this institute?
Answer – B.98%
Enrolled in F = 10/100 * 4000 = 400
Successful in F = 14/100 * 2800 = 392
Required % = 392/400 * 100 = 98%
- What is the ratio of candidates enrolled in institute C to those successfully completed the course in institute D?
Answer – B.13:7
Candidates enrolled in institute C = 13/100 * 4000 = 520
Candidates successfully completed the course in institute D =10/100*2800=280
Ratio = 13:7
- The number of students successful from institute F and G together, is what percent of the students
enrolled in these institutes together?
Answer – C.87.5%
The number of students successful from institute F and G = 392+448= 840
The number of students enrolled in institute F and G = 400+560=960
Percentage = 840/960 * 100 = 87.5%
- The number of students successful from institute B is approximately what percent of the students enrolled in the same?
Answer – B.60.6%
The number of students successful from institute B = 13/100*2800= 364
The number of students enrolled in institute B = 15/100*4000= 600
Percentage = 364/600*100 = 60.6%
- Which institute has the highest percentage of successful students compared to enrolled students?
Answer – C.F
In F percentage = 392/400*100 = 98%