Veteran Bollywood actress Rekha was honored with the third Yash Chopra Memorial Award in Mumbai. The award was presented by Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao for her talent and contribution to the film industry. The award function has been organization by the TSR Foundation of T Subbarami Reddy in the memory of the producer-director.
- Rekha Ganesan was born on 10 October 1954 in Chennai Tamil Nadu.
- Rekha appeared first time as a child actress in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam in1966 and starts her career.
- She has acted in over 180 films in a career over 40 years.
- In 2010, she was honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- She has won three Film fare Awards, two for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress.
- She is Rajya Sabha MP.
- Rekha worked with Yash Chopra in 1981 in his Film “Silsila”.
Highlights of Yash Chopra award
- TSR Foundation of T Subbarami Reddy organized the Yash Chopra Memorial award in the memory of Yash Chopra who died in 2012.
- The TSR Foundation annually honours famous senior film personality for outstanding role to the film industry with a Gold Medal and a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
- Previous winners of the Yash Chopra award are Lata Mangeshkar and Amitabh Bachchan.
TSR Foundation of T Subbarami Reddy garnered the National Film Award for Best Feature Film. Veterans like Shatrughan Sinha, Sridevi, Jaya Prada, Simi Garewal, Boney Kapoor, Pam Chopra and young star Ranveer Singh, among others attended the event.