Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- As per the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking for 2016, which of the following Indian business school is not included in the list ?
B.IIM – C
C.IIM – B
D.IIM – A
Answer – B.IIM – C
Explanation – As per the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking for 2016, the top most B-schools from India are — Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmadabad, IIM- Bangalore and the Indian School of Business (ISB).
- The nation’s second highest peacetime gallantry award Kirti Chakra has been bestowed on which of the following ?
A.Naik Satish Kumar
Answer – D.Mahendra Singh
Explanation – Second in order of precedence of peacetime gallantry awards Kirti Chakra was conferred on Subedar Mahendra Singh.
- What was the duration of time for 67th Republic Day celebration at Rajpath in New Delhi ?
Answer – C.90 minutes
Explanation – The Republic day celebration this year at Rajpath in New Delhi was 25 minute shorter than usual. The duration was brought down to 90 minutes from 115 minutes, but the format remained the same.
- Recently, Govt enforced Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Prevention of Atrocities Amendment Act, 2015. The amended act has included which of the following chapter related to rights ?
C.Both A & B
Answer – C.Both A & B
Explanation – Central Government had enforced Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Prevention of Atrocities Amendment Act, 2015 for prevention of Atrocities against Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes with effect from January 26, 2016. It has included the chapter on the Rights of Victims and Witnesses.
- Scheme “God visiting the devotee” has been started by which of the following state under which priest of the local temple will visit families to bless them on seven special occasions ?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Andhra Pradesh government has decided to introduce a novel scheme, “Bhaktuni Chentaku Bhagvantudu” -God visiting the devotee. Under the programme, the priest of the local temple will visit families to bless them on seven special occasions related to birth and marriage.
- On the occasion of 67th Republic day of India, India met which of its neighbouring country for the ceremonial Border Personal Meetings ?
Answer – B.China
Explanation – Indian and Chinese troops meet on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir for the ceremonial Border Personal Meetings on the occasion of 67th Republic day of India.
- International Cricket Council (ICC’s) has ranked which of the following as the topper in its recently disclosed Test Rankings ?
Answer – D.India
Explanation – Indian Test team return to the top of the International Cricket Council (ICC’s) Test Rankings after South Africa packed up to a 0-2 series beat against England in Johannesburg.
- In a bid to strengthen the education and health services, India has donated ambulances and buses to which of the following nation ?
Answer – D.Nepal
Explanation – In a bid to strengthen the education and health services in the Himalayan nation, India has donated 40 ambulances and 8 buses to various hospitals, non-profit charitable organisations and educational institutions in Nepal at a function at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu on 67th Republic day of India.
- Book titled “tolerance” has been penned by which of the following ?
Answer – B.Mamata Banerjee
Explanation – While inaugurating the 40th Kolkata International Book fair, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee released ten books including a book on “Tolerance” which is penned by her.
- Which of the following energy starved country is all set to initiate its first mega nuclear power plant ?
Answer – D.Pakistan
Explanation – Pakistan is all set to initiate a country’s first mega nuclear power plant with power generation capacity of 2,000 megawatts. It has 5,000 MW energy shortages and the government has launched several projects to bridge the gap.
- Which of the following has recently imposed an absolute law for safe usage of Plant Protection Formulations (PPFs) ?
A.Farmers’ Welfare Board
B.Department of Agriculture
C.Tea Board of India
D.National Horticulture Board
Answer – C.Tea Board of India
Explanation – Tea Board of India has recently imposed an absolute law for safe usage of Plant Protection Formulations (PPFs) in the tea plantations in India and launched the 5th version of its ambitious “Plant Protection Code” for the Indian Tea industry.
- International Hockey Federation (FIH) has conferred 2015 Players of the Year in men’s category on which of the following ?
B.Robert Van Horst
Answer – B.Robert Van Horst
Explanation – International Hockey Federation (FIH) has named Netherland players Robert Van der Horst in Men’s category and Lidewij Welten in women’s category as the 2015 Players of the Year.
- ‘Veer Gaatha’ a series of books on Param Veer Chakra awardees was launched by by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Smriti Irani
Explanation – ‘Veer Gaatha’ a series of books on Param Veer Chakra awardees was launched by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Smriti Zubin Irani.
- International Customs Day obeserves on which date ?
Answer – D.January 26
Explanation – On 26 January every year the Customs administrations of 180 Member States of the World Customs Organisation organize various national events to celebrate the first session of the Customs Co-operation Council.
- Centre has approved how much of worth to Mumbai Trans Harbour Link ?
A.Rs 15,370 crore
B.Rs 14,370 crore
C.Rs 11,370 crore
D.Rs 12,370 crore
Answer – C.Rs 11,370 crore
Explanation – Centre issued a fresh coastal regulation zone (CRZ) clearance to the ambitious 22 km Mumbai Trans Harbour Link project. The proposed Mumbai Trans Harbour Link project will be implemented by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).