The 2015 G-20 Antalya summit held on 15-16 November 2015 was the 10th annual meeting of the G-20 heads of government.
Venue – Antalya, Turkey
- Turkey took the presidency of the G-20 from Australia on 1 December 2014 and now China will preside over the organization in 2016 at Hangzhou.
- French President Francois Hollande did not attend the event due to the November 2015 Paris attacks and sent Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius as his representative.
Three pillars of the 2015 agenda were:
(i) Strengthening the Global Recovery and Lifting the Potential
(ii) Enhancing Resilience
(iii) Buttressing Sustainability
Modi was lead speaker at its inaugural session on Climate Change and Development. Summit was concluded with practical outcomes on priority areas such as development, climate change, financing for climate change, trade, growth and employment.
- The annual Group of 20 summit focuses on economic issues and crucial discussions over Paris attacks by formulating plans to defeat ISIS and continue to accommodate the refugees flooding out of Syria.
- 10-point proposal on tackling global terrorism with stress on delinking terror and religion while isolating sponsors and supporters of terrorism.
- Escalating international movement of “foreign terrorist fighters”
The Group of Twenty aka G20 is an international forum created in 1999 aimed to bring together systemically important industrialized and developing economies to discuss issues, which limits to economic matters.
- 19 Countries + 1 EU = 20’s group
- IMF and World Bank also participate.
Countries are represented by finance ministers and central bank governors and EU is represented by the European Central Bank and a rotating council presidency.
- India will hold G20 Chair in 2018 at New Delhi.