New Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal established a two-member committee to investigate alleged irregularities in Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
- Committee will consist of Secretaries of Urban Development and Sports departments.
- Committee has been given 48 hours (by 14 November, 2015) for submission of report to Delhi CM.
Allegations on DDCA
DDCA owes a massive sum of Rs 24.46 crore to the Delhi government as entertainment tax while DDCA says they owe no more than 5 crore.
- There are complaints regarding making of fake members and diversion of funds.
- As per DDCA, it was exempted from entertainment tax from 2008 to 2012 but the new commission has asked them for arrears for those years plus interest.
BCCI has given DDCA time till November 17 to get all necessary clearances from the Govt and Delhi civic body.
- Currently Delhi’s Feroz shah Kotla stadium is venued for fourth Test between India and South Africa.
- If Delhi fails to meet the deadline then Pune will host its maiden Test which is scheduled from December 3 to 7.
About Delhi District Cricket Association (DDCA)
DDCA is the governing body of the Cricket activities in the Delhi and Delhi cricket team.
- It is affiliated to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- DDCA President – Mr. SNEH PRAKASH BANSAL