E-commerce Company Amazon.com Inc has made its maiden entry in the Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators list 2015 by dropping International Business Machines Corp (IBM) from the list.
- There are 27 companies that are dropped from the 2015 list, including AT&T, IBM, Siemens and Xerox.
The Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators program identifies innovators annually through an in-depth analysis based on a series of patent-related metrics that analyze what it means to be truly innovative.
Thomson Reuters Report 2015
Thomson Reuter’s analysts studied Silicon Valley for the first time to see which companies are leading in the region.
- The top Bay Area innovators list shows that 11 companies overlap with the top 100 global innovators.
- It is indicating that 31% of leading U.S. innovators and 11% of the world’s top innovators are located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Chemical, semiconductor and electronic components and autos are the top innovative industries.
- Japan and the United States are innovation hot spots.
Amazon is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company found by Jeff Bezos. This year Amazon has surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization.
- Chairman, President and CEO – Jeff Bezos
- It was established in 1994.
- Headquarters Seattle, Washington