1st edition of Alexis Vastine International Boxing Tournament for elite boxers was held from October 27, 2020 to October 31, 2020 at Nantes, France where nine Indians boxers i.e. five men and four women qualified for the Tokyo Olympics, postponed to next year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It was organized by AIBA (International Boxing Association), FFBOXE (French Boxing Federation) and EUBA (European Boxing Federation) which saw participation from 10 nations.
- It should be noted that this tournament is started in memory of French boxer Alexis Vastine, the 2012 Olympics bronze medallist who died in a helicopter accident during the filming of a reality show in 2015.
–Amit Panghal, Sanjeet Ashish Kumar Grabbed Gold
- Amit Panghal clinched gold in the 52kg category by defeating American Rene Abraham with 3-0.
- Sanjeet also grabbed gold in the 91 Kg category by defeating Soheb Bouafia of France.
- Ashish Kumar from the 75kg category defeated American Joseph Gerome Hiks to claim the gold medal.
List of Indian Winners:
|Kavinder Singh Bisht||57||Silver|
Recent Related News:
i.Indian Grandmaster Panneerselvam Iniyan won the 48th Annual World Open Chess Tournament via online with 7.5 points from nine games. The World Open Chess Tournament is organized by Continental Chess Association.
ii.Poonam Khatri who won the Silver Medal at the 15th edition of World Wushu Championships (WWC) 2019 held at Minhang Gymnasium in Shanghai, China has now been upgraded to Gold Medal. Her Gold Medal got upgraded after Iran’s Maryam Hashemi failed in her dope test.
About AIBA (International Boxing Association):
Interim President– Dr Mohamed Moustahsane
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland