On February 14, 2021, West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ at Cooch Behar Palace at Cooch Behar, West Bengal in the presence of Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture & Tourism.It is the flagship programme of the Ministry of Culture and is organized under the ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ Programme.
- The 11th Edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being held between February 14-28, 2021 in West Bengal at Cooch Behar (February 14-16, 2021), Darjeeling, West Bengal (February 22-24, 2021) & Murshidabad, West Bengal (February 27-28, 2021).
- The programme is a platform for showcasing folk & Tribal art, dance,music, cuisines, culture of various states besides providing an opportunity to artists & artisans to support their livelihood.
- The main aim of the Mahotsav is to enhance mutual understanding & bonding between people of diverse cultures of India which will help in strengthening the Unity & Integrity of India.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- It has been held since 2015 & Seven Zonal Culture Centres from across India participate in the Mahotsav
- The previous Ten editions of the Mahotsav have been held in cities like Delhi, Varanasi, Bengaluru, Tawang, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tehri, and Madhya Pradesh.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 3, 2020, Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism represented India and addressed in 5th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting held through video conference under the Chairpersonship of Russian Federation.
About Ministry of Culture:
Minister of State (I/C) – Prahlad Singh Patel (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Damoh, Madhya Pradesh)