Radha Mohan Singh, Union Agriculture Minister launched 3 web portals – Soil Health Card portal, Fertilizer Quality Control System portal and Participatory Guarantee System India portal.
• Main Objective of these portals is to make the process of organic farming certification, fertilizer’s quality checking and issuance of soil health cards.
• These portals, launched only in English, will be made available in regional languages also in the next phase for the benefit of farmers.
• These three agricultural portals will bring more transparency and accountability which help the farming community.
Soil Health Card (SHC) portal-
• Soil Health Card portal has been developed for registration of soil samples, recording test results of soil samples and generation of Soil Health Card (SHC) along with fertilizer recommendations.
• Soil Health Card portal aims to generate and issue Soil Health Cards based on either Soil Test-Crop Response (STCR) formulae developed by ICAR or General Fertilizer Recommendations provided by State Governments.
• The Soil Health Card (SHC) portal is a single, generic, uniform, web based software can be accessed at www.soilhealth.dac.gov.in.
Fertilizer Quality Control System (FQCS) Portal
• Fertilizer Quality Control System (FQCS) is aimed to ensure availability of quality fertilizers to farmers is a web based and configurable workflow application developed by NIC for processing of sample collection, testing and generation of analysis reports.
• India imports large quantity of various fertilizers to meet the demands. Fertilizer Quality Control Laboratories (FQCL) is assigned the responsibility to check the quality of imported fertilizers. The application can be accessed at www.fqcs.dac.gov.in.
Participatory Guarantee System – India Portal
• Participatory Guarantee System is a process of certifying organic products which ensures agriculture production process in accordance with the standards laid down for organic products and that desired quality has been maintained. This is exhibited in the form of documented logo or a statement.
• It is outside the framework of third party system of certification
• It is cost effective, farmer- friendly and hassle-free.
• For online operation of this certification, Participatory Guarantee System – India portal can be accessed at www.pgsindia-ncof.gov.in.