Union Minister for Ministry of Science and Technology Dr.Harsh Vardhan launched Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan 2020-21. VVM is a national level programme for popularizing science among school students of class sixth to Eleventh.
- Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is an initiative of Vijnana Bharathi (VIBHA) in collaboration with Vigyan Prasar, Government of India and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) an institution under the Ministry of Education(MoE formerly known as Ministry of Human Resource Development).
- It is India’s largest Science talent search examination for New India using Digital Devices.
- The exam is conducted at national level and it can be attended online through laptop, PC or even smartphones.
- The VVM Exam – Student Application – is the application used for taking exams on smartphones.
- To create an interest in Pure Science among students.
- To educate the children about India’s contribution to science from ancient to modern and also to the world of science and technology.
- To provide mentors for preparing students to take forward their works in the field of science.
- The winners of the program will be taken to visits to National Science Laboratories and Centres of repute and interaction with renowned scientists of the nation.
- Vigyan Jigyasu – keen knowledge seeker of science will also be identified at the national level.
The exam will progress in 4 levels.
i.School Toppers – Top 3 rankers per class will be school winners.
ii.District Toppers – Top 3 rankers from all schools from that district.
iii.State Level Winners – Top 3 rankers from the whole State are winners.
iv.National Level Winners – Top 3 winners will be Zonal Winners in addition to national winners.
The Top 20 rankers from each class for every state will participate in one- or two-day State Level Camp (SLC), focusing on application oriented MCQs, hands on activities, observation and analysis, situational problem solving ability and other activities.
The Top two students from each class, which is 12 students from each state will be invited to participate in National Camp (NC), which comprises Presentations, Activities to test Scientific Understanding, Innovation, Creativity, Out-of-box Thinking and assessment of Leadership Quality.
- Vijnana Bharathi (VIBHA) is a national movement for propagation and popularization of Science & Technology among the students and masses.
- Vigyan Prasar (VP) is a national institute for science and technology communication established in 1989 under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) was set up by the Government of India in 1961, to assist and advise the state and central governments on academic matters related to school education.