The Minister of State (Independent charge) for housing and urban affairs (MoHUA), Shri Hardeep SinghPuri launched the fifth edition of annual cleanliness survey, Swachh Survekshan 2020 (SS 2020) which is to be conducted from January 2020.
Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit, SBM(Swachh Bharat Mission) Water PLUS Protocol and Toolkit, Swachh Nagar- an integrated waste management app and AI( Artificial intelligence) enabled mSBM app was launched.
A special song based on the Swachh Survekshan theme was released. It features Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut, singers Kailash Kher and Monali Thakur.
- Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Durga Shanker Mishra.
- Join secretary and mission director V.K Jindal and other representatives from urban local bodies were present.
The field survey to the Swachh Survekshan 2020 will be conducted from January 2020.
Swachh Survekshan 2020 toolkit
It contains methodology of detailed survey and component indicators to help cities prepare for the survey.
Water PLUS protocol
It provides guidelines to cities and towns to ensure no untreated water is released in the environment. It is in line with the govt’s focus on Jal Shakthi Abhiyan.
Swachh Nagar- app
It tracks waste collection by Urban Local Bodies(ULB) through vehicle monitoring, notification to citizens, etc.
AI enabled mSBM app
It is developed by the National Informatics Centre(NIC). It detects beneficiary face and toilet seat the uploaded photo using AI.
Key focus of SS 2020
- Collect segregated weight and maintain still processing site.
- Utilised capacity of wet waste processing facilities.
- Treat and reuse waste water.
- Follow 3R principles: reduce reuse and recycle.
- Curtail solid waste based air pollution.
- Uplift social condition of informal waste pickers.
- Promote procurement through Government eMarketplace (GeM).
- Assess Ganga towns separately to accelerate action.
- Engage technology-driven monitoring.