NITI Aayog has launched ‘SATH’ program with state governments for furthering the agenda for cooperative federalism. Acronym ‘SATH’ stands for ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’.
More Details about ‘SATH’ Program:
- Objective: To identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems.
- Implementation: NITI Aayog along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium will work in close collaboration with administrative machinery and institutions in the three selected states to accomplish the end objectives.
Selection of States for ‘SATH’ Program:
Three model states will be selected on basis of three-stage process comprising expression of interest, presentations by the states and assessment of commitment to health sector reforms.
- So far, sixteen states have expressed prima facie interest, and fourteen have presented their project proposal to a Committee headed by Member of NITI Aayog, Bibek Debroy. The committee comprises CEO, Amitabh Kant as well as a representative from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Five out of fourteen states have been shortlisted. Out of the five shortlisted states, three states will finally be selected for SATH Program.
- Several health metrics have been assessed for determining potential impact and to determine likelihood of success.
- The program will be implemented post signing of MoUs with selected states.
Quick Facts about NITI Aayog:
Abbreviation NITI stands for National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog was formed on January 1, 2015 through a resolution of the Union Cabinet. It replaced the erstwhile Planning Commission.
- It is a ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India entrusted with the task of formulating strategic and long term policies and programmes and to provide appropriate technical advice to Centre and States.
- Prime Minister of India serves as the Ex-Officio Chairperson of NITI Aayog.
- Headquarters of NITI Aayog is located in New Delhi.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification