In an era of Internet, where the world’s functions greatly rely upon the connectivity. A report revealed by Akamei technologies places South Korea at the topmost position in terms of internet speed.
Positions based on Speed
- South Korea has the fastest average connection speed in the world at 26.7 Mbps.
- Sweden occupies the second spot with an average speed of 19.1 Mbps
- Norway followed at 18.8 Mbps.
- India stands at 114th position with an average internet speed of 2.8 Mbps
Highlights of the report
- United Kingdom had the fastest average mobile connection speed at 26.8 Mbps, with Spain in second place at 14.0 Mbps.
- Iran had the lowest average connection speed, at 1.3 Mbps, followed by Vietnam with an average connection speed of 1.8 Mbps.
- In the fourth quarter, Finland and Australia led the world with 99% 4 Mbps adoption rates, followed closely by Sweden with 98% adoption
- Global average connection speed increased 8.6% to 5.6 Mbps from the third quarter, a 23% increase year-over-year.
- South Korea had the top average connection speed at 26.7 Mbps, posting a 20% increase over the fourth quarter of 2014.
State of the Internet report
- Each quarter, Akamai publishes a ‘State of the Internet’report.
- It includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time
- Editor- David Belson
- South Korea Capital – Seoul
- President- Park-Geun-Hye