On December 6, 2018, the Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 24 languages. It consists of 7 books of poetry, 6 novels, 6 short stories, 3 of literary criticism and 2 of essays.
- Recommendations came from jury of 3 members in respective languages and were then approved by the Executive Board of India’s national academy of letters under the chairmanship of Akademi President Chandrashekhar Kambar.
- The awards relate to books first published during the five years immediately preceding the year of award, between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016.
About the Award:
- The awards, in the form of a casket contain the following:
- An engraved copper-plaque, a shawl and a cheque of Rs 1 lakh.
- These will be presented to the authors at a special function in January 29, 2019 at Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi during the Festival of Letters organised by the Sahitya Akademi.
- The Sahitya Akademi award is among the most prestigious literary honours bestowed on writers for their works across genres and languages.
The List of Awardees are given below:
|Language||Title of Work and Genre||Winner|
|Assamese||Kailoir Dinto Amar Hobo (Poetry)||Sananta Tanti|
|Bengali||Srikrishner Sesh Kata Din (Story)||Sanjib Chattopadhyay|
|Bodo||Dwngse Lama (Short Stories)||Rituraj Basumatary|
|Dogri||Bhagirath (Novel)||Inderjeet Kesar|
|English||The Blind Lady’s Descendants (Novel)||Anees Salim|
|Gujarati||Vibhajanni Vyatha (Essays)||Sharifa Vijliwala|
|Hindi||Post Box No-203-Naala Sopara (Novel)||Chitra Mudgal|
|Kannada||Anushreni Yajamanike (Literary Criticism)||K. G. Nagarajappa|
|Kashmiri||Aakh (Short Stories)||Mushtaq Ahmad Mushtaq|
|Konkani||Chitralipi (Poetry)||Paresh Narendra Kamat|
|Maithili||Parineeta (Short Stories)||Bina Thakur|
|Malayalam||Gurupournami (Poetry)||S. Ramesan Nair|
|Manipuri||Ngamkheigee Wangmada (Short Stories)||Budhichandra Heisnamba|
|Marathi||Sarjanprerana ani Kavitwashodh (Literary Criticism)||Ma. Su. Patil.|
|Nepali||Kina Royeu Upamaa (Short Stories)||Loknath Upadhyay Chapagain|
|Odia||Prashanga Puruna Bhabana Nua (Literary Criticism)||Dasarathi Das|
|Punjabi||Kone Da Suraj (Poetry)||Mohanjit|
|Rajasthani||Kavita Devai Deeth (Poetry)||Rajesh Kumar Vyas|
|Sanskrit||Mama Janani (Poetry)||Rama kant Shukla|
|Santali||Marom (Novel)||Shyam Besra ‘Jiwi Rarec’|
|Sindhi||Jia Mein Taandaa (Poetry)||Khiman U. Mulani|
|Tamil||Sanchaaram (Novel)||S. Ramakrishnan|
|Telegu||Vimarshini (Essay)||Kolakaluri Enoch|
|Urdu||Rohzin (Novel)||Rahman Abbas|
For more Information: Click Here