Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Blood Relation with explanation, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
1 – 2:
‘P – Q’ means ‘P is the sister of Q’.
‘P @ Q’ means ‘P is the wife of Q’.
‘P % Q’ means ‘P is the son of Q’.
‘P + Q’ means ‘P is the mother of Q’.
- In the expression ‘K @ H % M + B – T’, what is the relation between ‘B and K’?
A) B is the mother-in-law of K
B) K is the aunt of B
C) B is the husband of K
D) B is the sister-in-law of K
E) None of theseD) B is the sister-in-law of K
K is the wife of H and H is the son of M, so K is daughter in law of M. Now M is mother of B, since K cannot be wife of B so K is sister in law of B.
- What will come in the place of question mark, if it is provided that ‘B is the daughter-in-law of K’ in the expression ‘B + P ? Z % K’?
E) @ or %D) %
Z is son of K, B is mother of P, so P should be child of B and Z, for B to be daughter in law of K.
- If ‘A&B’ stands for ‘A is the son of B’ and ‘A*B’ stands for ‘B is the sister of A’, then which of the following represents ‘A is the aunt of B’?
E) C*B&AC) B@C#A
Check each option, no need to check option D because in D A becomes a male
In C option – B is son of C and C sister of A
- A woman walking with a boy meets another woman and on being asked about her relationship with the boy, she says, “My maternal uncle and his maternal uncle’s maternal uncle are brothers.” How is the boy related to the woman?
E) Son or NephewE) Son or Nephew
This says that woman’s mother has 2 brothers. And they are women’s maternal uncle.
The boy can be son too and son of woman’s brother too.
- Pointing to a photograph, Sahil said, “She is the mother of my son’s wife’s daughter”. How is Sahil related to lady?
E) None of theseD) Father-in-law
My son’s wife’s daughter will be my granddaughter, and my granddaughter’s mother will be my daughter-in-law. So I m father-in-law of lady.
6 – 7:
‘A $ B’ means ‘A is mother of B’
‘A # B’ means ‘A is father of B’
‘A @ B’ means ‘A is husband of B’
‘A % B’ means ‘A is daughter of B’
- L @ H $ J # T indicates what relationship of L with T?
A) Paternal Grandmother
B) Maternal Grandmother
C) Paternal Grandfather
D) Maternal Grandfather
E) None of theseC) Paternal Grandfather
L is husband of H, H is mother of J, so L is father of J.
Now J is father of T, so L is paternal grandfather of T
- Which of the following expression indicates ‘R is the sister of H’?
A) H $ D @ F # R
B) R % D @ F $ H
C) R $ D @ F # H
D) H % D @ F $ R
E) None of theseB) R % D @ F $ H
Check all the options.
option B – R is daughter of D, D is husband of F – this means R is daughter of F.
Now F is mother of H. so R is sister of H, H being male or female.
- Reeta said, “My Mother’s only son Ashok has no son”. Which of the following can be concluded?
A) Ashok has only daughters
B) Ashok is not married
C) Ashok does not have a father
D) Ashok has only one sister
E) None of theseE) None of these
The statement does not give any of the given as definite conclusion.
- Pointing to a girl, Sagar said “She is the only daughter of my grandfather’s son”. How is the girl related to Sagar?
C) Cousin Sister
D) Data inadequate
E) None of theseD) Data inadequate
Can be sister or cousin sister, because it is not known that how many sons does Sagar’s grandfather have.
- Shalu is the mother-in-law of Rakhi who is the sister-in-law of Sameer. Dinesh is the father of Yuvraj, the only brother of Sameer. How is Shalu related to Dinesh?
E) SisterD) Wife
Shalu become the mother of Sameer. Yuvraj is brother of Sameer and Dinesh their father. So Shalu is wife of Dinesh.