Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From all topics , which are Important for upcoming IBPS and RRB exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- Each of two mobile phones i.e iPhone and Sony were sold at same price in Univercell.A profit of 10% was made on iPhone and loss of 30% was made on Sony.So what is the total gain or loss?
A. 17% Loss
B. 0.14% gain
C. 14% loss
D. 14% gain
E. 0.17% LossC.SP of both is same.So SP1=SP2=x
So total SP=2x
CP of iPhone=(100/110)of x (10% profit)
CP of Sony=(100/70) of x (30% loss)Total CP= [(100/110)of x]+[(100/70) of x]
= (180/77) of xProfit or Loss= [(SP-CP)/CP]X100
Negative symbol indicates loss.So 14%loss
- Find the number which is wrong according to the following series.
Here all no are in the series x(x²+1) and x is consecutive prime nos.
- What is the value of x in this series?
Here all no are in the series ,-1²,+1,-2²,+2 and so on.
- A certain amount becomes its four times more in compound interest after 2 yrs.If the amount is 1200,then what will be the amount after 8 years?
E. None of theseB.
- In a container there was 90Litres of mixture of milk and water in the ratio 2:3.How much amount of milk should be added to make the ratio reverse?
Quantity of milk=(2/5)x90=36l
Quantity of Water =(3/5)x90=54l
Let x ltr milk to be added.
- Today while Mr.Sharma was buying in market he saw books selling discount and decided to buy one book.The first book was offered at the rate of Rs.49 which is usually sold for 8/7 of that price.Then he was offered another one for Rs.54 which is usually sold for 7/6 th of that price.Out of the two books which one is preferable in terms of more discount?
A. First Book
B. Both discount is equal
C. Cant be determined
D. Second Book
E. None of theseD.
- A cistern is filled by pipe X in 10hrs but takes 2hrs longer to fill bcause of a leak in its bottom.If the cistern is full,the leak will take how much time to empty the tank?
In 1hr cistern will be filled (x-10)/10x So cistern will be filled in 10x/(x-10)
- The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4km an hour.A boat goes 6km and back to the starting point in 2hrs.The speed of boat in still water is how much km/hr?
E. None of theseB.
Let a km/hr be the speed of boat in still water.So
=>a=-2 or 8.So speed is 8 km/hr
- In how many ways the word EDUCATION can be formed so that the vowels will always be in odd place.
There way the 5 vowels to be placed in 5 odd places=5!
There way the 4 vowels to be placed in 4 even places=4!
So total ways=5!x4!=2880
- x²-22x-135=0 y²+34y-111=0
Solving this two quadratic equation we get
E. x=y or relation can not be determinedE.
Solving these equation we get