Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From all topics , which are Important for upcoming IBPS and RRB exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- Sunny’s monthly income is 60% of Anu’s. The ratio of Sujy’s monthly income to Anu’s is 8:11. And their (Sujy and Anu’s) average monthly income is Rs.43700. What is Sunny’s monthly income?
Anu’s monthly income (11/19) × 43700 × 2 = Rs. 50600
Sunny’s Monthly Income = 56000 × (60 /100) = 30360
- The average weight of 5 persons is decreased by 3 kg with one of them weighing 160 kg is replaced by another person. This new person is again replaced by another person whose weight is 40 kg less than the person he replaced.What is the overall change in the average weight due to these two changes?
D. 12 kg
E. 11 kgE.
The weight of 2nd person is (160-5×3)= 145kg
The weight of the 3rd person is 145 – 40 = 105 kg
Thus the change of weight of 5 person = 160 – 105 = 55 kg
Hence overall change= 55/5 = 11kg
- Raju bought 10 honey bottles of equal size. If He sells his honey at Rs.50 per a kg, he losses Rs.200.While selling it at RS.60per kg he gains Rs. 150 on the whole. Find the amount of honey in each bottle?
A. 0.5 kg
B. 5 kg
C. 25 kg
Suppose he has x kg of honey.
Thus we have 50x + 200 = 60x – 150 (Equating CP in both cases)
=> x= 35 kg
Each bottle contains (5/ 10) = 3.5 kg
- Find out the wrong number in the given Series.
5 14 52 220 1125 6786
5 × 2 + 4 = 14
14 × 3 + 9 = 51
51 × 4 + 16 = 220
220 × 5 + 25 = 1125
and so on.
- 10 28 110 508 2665
10 × 2 + 8 = 28
28 × 3 + 27 =111
111 × 4 + 64 =508 and so on.
- Mr.Rawat leaves for a place B at morning 6 am from place A and reaches there at 10 am. Mr. Basu leaves from place B at 8 am and reaches Place A at 12 pm. When they both will meet each other?
E. None of theseC.
Let the ditance between A & B =x km and they meet each other after y hrs after Mr.Rawat started his journey.
Avg Speed of Mr.Rawat= x/(10am-6am)= (x/4) km/hr
Similarly for Mr.Basu ,Avg Speed = x/(12pm-8am)= (x/4) km/hr
Distance travelled by Mr. Rawat = (xy/4) km
and Distance travelled by Mr. Basu= x(y-2)/4 km [ as Mr. basu started 2 hrs after Mr. Rawat]
Now (xy/4) + x(y-2)/4 =x
=> y = 3 hrs
So they will meet 3 hrs after Mr. Rawat started his journey = 6 am+ 3 hrs =9am
- Rs 16000, has been divided between P,Q,R.To find the share of R,which of the following informations is/are necessary?
i. R gets 4.5times less than Q
ii. P gets 2.5times more than R
iii. Q gets Rs.4000 more than P
A. Only i and ii together are sufficient
B. Only i and iii together are sufficient
C. only ii and iii together are sufficient
D. All i,ii and iii are necessary
E. Any two of three are sufficient
From the quest, we can getthe one and only info: P+Q+R= 16000
We can solve it if we get two more equations.
and we can get those equations using any two of the three otions.
- A Wholesale dealer claims lending money to its vendor at Simple Interest, but it includes the interest every 6 months for calculating the principal. If he charges 12% interest the effective rate of interest becomes:
Let the Principal =Rs.100
Then SI for 6 months= (100 × 12 ×1)/(100 × 2)= Rs.6
SI for last 6mnths= (106 × 12 × 1)/(100 × 2)= Rs.6.36
So the amount at the end of the year =100+6+6.36 =112.36
Thus effective rate= 112.36-100 =12.36%
- A man wanted to open a furniture shop.He had 36 wardrobes 60 Dressing Tables and 108 Chairs.He wanted to put all furnitures in equal rows and each row should contain only one type of item.The minimum no of rows that is required are –
The HCF of 36,60 and 108 is 12.
So as each row is having only one item the minimum no of rows reqd for
So the total no. of rows= 3+5+9=17
- In an organisation Bonus amount of RS. 40,000 had to be distibuted among the workers.The no. of workers are 1/25th of the total amount to be distributed. Each male gets 6.25% of the number of total workers and 5 times that of each female worker gets.What is the no. of female workers?
Total no of of workers=(1/25)th of 40000=(1/25)x40000=1600
Each male gets 6.25% of 1600= (6.25/100)x1600=16×6.25= Rs.100
Thus each female gets 100/5=20
Lets no. of female workers b X so no of male workers will be 1600-X
So from the above values we can derive,
Solving this we will get X=1500