PM Narendra Modi who is on a tour of Central Asia met with President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, on the second day.
Kazakhstan has vast natural resources and India has huge demand for these resources that is why both countries have a great potential for partnership.
- India and Kazakhstan signed five key agreements including a defence pact to enhance military cooperation and a contract for supply of uranium.
- PM Modi and his Kazakhstani counterpart shared views on international issues including regional peace, connectivity and integration; reforms in the United Nations and combating terrorism.
- Emphasising on the defence and security cooperation as an important dimension of strategic partnership between the two countries.
- Kazakhstan’s national atomic company Kazatomprom, signed a contract with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) for long term supply of natural uranium to India.
- India invested in a drilling operations launched for exploration oil field in Kazakhstan.
- Another area of cooperation is the renewable energy sector which includes manufacturing of equipments.
- Both leaders agreed on the need for reforms of the United Nations and its Security Council.
- PM Modi thanked Kazakhstan for supporting India’s candidature for a permanent seat in UN Security Council.
- PM Modi inaugurated the India-Kazakhstan Centre of Excellence in Information & Communication Technologies at the Eurasian National University. He also contributed a super computer from India.
- Prime Minister called for enhanced investment from Kazakh companies in India, particularly in the areas of renewable energy, smart cities, housing, and railways.
- The other agreements included Treaty on Transfer of Sentenced Persons, human resources, cultural exchanges and capacity building.
- Capital – Astana
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
- President: Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Prime minister: Karim Massimov
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification