On June 17-18, 2022, the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi visited Gujarat to inaugurate the redeveloped temple of Shree Kalika Mata at Pavagadh Hill,he will also visit Virasat Van, and to participate in Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan Program at Vadodara, where he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of projects worth over Rs 21,000 crore.
Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan Program:
Along with the PM, it was attended by the Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) Bhupendrabhai Patel, Union and State Ministers, People’s representatives, beneficiaries and other dignitaries. Following are the inauguration:
i.The PM dedicated and laid the foundation stone of various Railway projects worth over Rs 16,000 crore which will help in lowering logistics cost and boost industry and agriculture sector in the region. They will also improve connectivity in the region and enhance passenger amenities which will include the following, among others:
- 357 Km long New Palanpur – Madar Section of Dedicated Freight Corridor
- Gauge Conversion of 166 Km long Ahmedabad–Botad Section
- Electrification of 81 Km long Palanpur – Mitha Section
- He also laid the foundation stone of redevelopment of Surat, Udhna, Somnath & Sabarmati Stations, along with foundation stones of other initiatives in the railway sector.
ii.Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), a total of 1.38 lakh houses were dedicated by the PM, including houses worth around Rs 1,800 crore in urban areas and houses worth over Rs 1,530 crores in rural areas.
- In addition, Khat Muhurat of around 3000 houses worth over Rs 310 crores was also held.
iii.PM dedicated and laid the foundation stone of various development works at Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Chhota Udepur, and Panchmahal, worth over Rs 680 crore, which are aimed at furthering ease of living in the region.
iv.He also laid the foundation stone of Gujarat Central University in Kundhela village of Dabhoi taluka of Gujarat.
- Located at about 20 km from Vadodara city, the University will be constructed at a cost of around Rs 425 crores.
- It will cater to higher education needs of over 2500 students.
v.PM launched ‘Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana‘, with an outlay of Rs 800 crores. Under the scheme, pregnant and lactating mothers will be given 2 kg of chickpeas, 1 kg of tur dal and 1 kg of edible oil free of cost from Anganwadi Centres every month.
vi.PM also disbursed around Rs 120 crores towards ‘Poshan Sudha Yojana’, which is now being extended to all tribal beneficiaries in the state.
Note- September as ‘Poshan Mah’ -nutrition month will help the women in Gujarat.
PM unveils redeveloped temple of Shree Kalika Mata temple at Pavagadh Hill in Panchmahal
The PM also inaugurated the redeveloped Shree Kalika Mata temple atop the Pavagadh hill in the Panchmahal district of Gujarat. It is one of the oldest temples in the area.
- The redevelopment of the temple has been done in 2 phases including expansion of the temple base and parisar at three levels, installation of amenities like street lights, CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) system etc.
- After the ascent of Pavagadh in the 15th century, the peak of the temple was dilapidated for the last five centuries. The summit has now been redesigned with a new look.
PM releases book of Ram Bahadur Rai namely Bhartiya Samvidhan: Ankahi Kahani
On June 18, 2022, the PM virtually released a book ‘Bhartiya Samvidhan: Ankahi Kahani (Indian constitution: untold stories)’ by senior journalist Ram Bahadur Rai at Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi, Delhi. It was published by Prabhat publication.
- The book was initially planned to be launched in December 2021 but the launch was postponed because of the demise of ex-Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat.
- This 500 pages book narrates the making of the constitution and its significance, and also narrates the incidents of the emergency imposed by the then PM Indira Gandhi.
Recent Related News:
i.PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first Community Radio Station (CRS), ‘Dudh Vani– 90.4 FM’, dedicated to animal husbandry which will connect over 5 lakh dairy farmers across 1,700 villages in Gujarat. It was established by the Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (Banas Dairy), Palanpur, Gujarat.
ii.On April 18, 2022, India’s first portable solar rooftop system, was inaugurated at the Swaminarayan Akshardham temple complex, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s initiative to develop renewable energy cities across India.
Governor– Acharya Devvrat
Stadium– Narendra Modi Stadium (Largest Cricket Stadium in World), Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium , Madhavrao Scindhia Cricket Ground
Dance– Garba, Dandiya, Bhavai