Pakistan is now an associate member of CERN,the world’s largest and most prestigious center for science research.CERN also known European Organization for Nuclear Research which is a world’s largest physics laboratory recently found some evidence of God Particle.
From Asia, Pakistan is the first country and third in the world after Turkey and Serbia to get the status of CERN’s associate membership.Before becoming full member of cern a country should become associate member of cern. Pakistan is the 21st member of the research organisation.
The Associate member status also means that Pakistani nuclear industry can now bid for CERN contracts, thus opening up opportunities for industrial collaboration in areas of advanced technology.
- Cern’s present President is Agnieszka Zalewska
- Established on September 29th 1954 and headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- In 1954 cern started with 12 founding states at present it is having 22 countries
- Cern’s present Director general is Rolf-Dieter Heuer.
- Romania is a candidate to become a member state
- Around world over 600 institutes and universities use CERN’s facilities.
- Cern’s member states have special duties.
- Member countries are responsible for all important decisions about the organization and its activities.