Prime Minister (PM) of India, Shri Narendra Modi visited Haryana. He participated in BJP’s Vijay Sankalp Rally which marked the culmination of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar’s ‘Jan Ashirwad Yatra’. It was Modi’s third visit to Rohtak, Haryana. Following are the highlights of the visit:
Foundation stone to Mega Food Park at IMT, Rohtak
PM laid a foundation stone of Mega Food Park on September 8, 2019.
- Rs 179.75 crore project will be setup by Haryana State Co-operative Supply and Marketing Federation Limited (HAFED) at Industrial Model Township (IMT), Rohtak on National Highway-10, linking Delhi with Rohtak, Haryana.
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries of the Government of India, will provide grant-in-aid of Rs 50 crore.
- 3 primary processing centers (PPCs) will also be set up in Districts Yamunanagar, Sonipat and Sirsa.
- The aim of the Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS) is to provide modern infrastructure facilities for the food processing along the value chain from the farm to the market.
Foundation stone to Rs 2,000-cr projects
- PM inaugurated affordable housing complexes in Rohtak, the revival of Dulhera distributary and Integrated Command and Control Center (ICCC) in Faridabad, degree colleges in Nuh, Sirsa and Palwal for imparting higher education to the girls.
- He laid the foundation stone to various development projects worth Rs 2,000 crore in Haryana.
- He laid the foundation for Shri Sheetla Mata Devi Medical College in Gurugram, 576 housing units for police officials in Bhondsi, and Integrated Command and Control Center in Karnal.
- Inauguration and foundation stone was laid to 10 development projects.
‘Vijay Sankalp’ Rally
PM addressed the ‘Vijay Sankalp’ rally during his visit to the state. He stated that over the last five years, the state has got the benefit of the double-engine – Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Central and state governments. Union Ministers Narender Singh Tomar, Rao Inderjeet Singh, Krishan Pal Gurjar and Ratan Lal Kataria, lawmakers, legislators and Panna Pramukh of 20,441 booths were present at the occasion.
- Projects worth Rs 25,000 crore of the Central government are in progress in the state.
- He requested the people of Haryana to support Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in the upcoming assembly elections.
- Haryana is a leading state in ‘Swachhta’ campaign. It has been declared open-defecation-free, a kerosene-free state and is a leading state in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- An amount of Rs 3.5 lakh crore would be spent to provide drinking water to every household by the year 2024.
- The target to distribute LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) cylinders to 8 crore households under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) is achieved and in Haryana, 7 lakh families have been distributed cylinders.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN), more than 7 crore farmers’ families have got the benefit of this scheme out of which 13 lakh farmers are from Haryana.
- An amount of Rs 21,000 crore has been deposited in the bank accounts of farmers in the country, including Rs 425 crore in the bank accounts of farmers in Haryana.
- PM applauded the CM of Haryana for providing new direction to state in the last five years. He appreciated the efforts for the effective implementation of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) programme in the state.
♦ Capital: Chandigarh
♦ Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
♦ National Parks: Kalesar National Park, Sultanpur National Park
♦ Wildlife Sanctuaries: Abubshehar WLS, Bhindawas WLS, Bir Shikargarh WLS, Chhilchila WLS, Kalesar WLS, Khaparwas WLS