Notification for Implementation of OROP Issued
The Government issued the notification regarding implementation of ‘One Rank One Pension’ in respect of Defence Forces personnel.
- Defence Forces of India have a rich history and tradition of bravery and gallantry. Government of India recognizes and respects their contribution.
- Accordingly the Government had announced modalities for implementation of OROP on 05.09.2015.
Features of the OROP:
- To begin with, pension of the past pensioners would be re-fixed on the basis of pension of retirees of calendar year 2013 and the benefit will be effective with effect from 1.7.2014.
- Pension for those drawing above the average shall be protected.
- Arrears will be paid in four equal half yearly instalments. In future, the pension would be re-fixed every 5 years.
Personnel who opt to get discharged henceforth on their own request under Rule 13(3)1(i)(b),13(3)1(iv) or Rule 16B of the Army Rule 1954 or equivalent Navy or Air Force Rules will not be entitled to the benefits of OROP.
- The Govt. has decided to appoint a Judicial Committee to look into anomalies, if any, arising out of implementation of OROP. The Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months.
- Detailed updation of pension and payment of arrears directly by Pension Disbursing Agencies.
- The previous Government had made a budget announcement to implement the OROP and made a provision of Rs 500 Crore.The present Government undertook the task earnestly and realized that the actual additional annual expenditure would be eight to ten thousand crore at present.