NICL AO Preparation
Try to solve the below problems in Quantitative Aptitude in Twenty Minutes. Those who solved the problems, explain at least one problem in the comment section. It ll benefit many aspirants.
Request : Use the Disqus section Effectively and don’t post irrelevant comments.
Probability (1 – 5)
A Blue colour bag contains 2 Blue pens, 4 red pens, 5 green pens and only 1 yellow pen.
1. It Two pens are picked at random, what is the probability that both are blue?
a) 1/6 b) 1/10 c) 1/12 d) 1/45 e) NOTA
2. If four pens are picked at random, what is the probability that none is Green?
a) 7/99 b) 5/99 c) 7/12 d) 5/12 e) NOTA
3. If Three pens are picked at random, what is the probability that two are red and one in Green?
a) 9/22 b) 6/19 c) 1/6 d) 3/22 e) NOTA
4. If one pen is picked at random, what is the probability that it is either blue or yellow?
a) 2/9 b) 1/4 c) 3/8 d) 6/11 e) NOTA
5. If two pens are picked at random, what is the probability that atleast one is red?
a) 1/3 b) 16/21 c) 19/33 d) 7/19 e) NOTA
6. The difference in the roots of the equation 2x² – 11x + 5 = 0 is
a) 4.5 b) 4 c) 3.5 d) 3 e) NOTA
7. The sum of the roots of the equation X² + pX + q = 0 is equal to the sum of their squares, then
a) p² – q² = 0 b) p² + q² = 2q c) p² + p = 2q d) q² + q = 2p e) NOTA
8. If 2X² – 7XY + 3Y² = 0, then the value of X : Y is
a) 3 : 2 b) 2 : 3 c) 3 : 1 and 1 : 2 d) both a and b d) NOTA
9. A ship running upstream takes 528 minutes to cover some distance. It takes 240 minutes to cover the same distance in Downstream. What is the ratio between the speed of the ship and speed of the water current, respectively?
a) 2 : 1 b) 3 : 2 c) 8 : 3 d) Can not be determined e) NOTA
10. The average speed of bus is 3/4th the average speed of train. The train travels 240 km in just 12 hours. How much distance will the bus travel in 7 hours?
a) 110 Km b) 115 km c) 105 km d) 100 km e) NOTA
11. Sachin Tendulkar covers a distance between two cities at a speed of 60 Km/h and on the return speed of 40 km/h. He goes again from the first city to the second one at twice the original speed and returns at half the original return speed. What is his average speed for the entire journey?
a) 35 km/h b) 40 km/h c) 45 km/h d) 50 km/h e) 55 km/h
12. If two pipes function together, the tank will be filled in 12h. One pipe fills the tank in 10 h faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill up the tank?
a) 20 h b) 40 h c) 25 h d) 30 h e) 35 h
13. Dhoni can build up a structure in 8 days and Raina can break it in 3 days. Dhoni has worked for 4 days and then Raina joined to work with him for 2 days only. In how many days will Dhoni alone build up the remaining structure?
a) 8 (1/3) b) 7 (1/3) c) 9(1/2) d) 11(2/3) e) NOTA
14. 7 years ago, the ages of Parineeti and Priyanka were in the ratio 4 : 5 and 7 years hence, they will be in the ratio of 5 : 6. The present age of Priyanks is
a) 56 b) 63 c) 70 d) 77 e) NOTA
15. The average of the present ages of Katrina and Kareena is 36 years. If Katrina is 8 year older than Kareena, what is the present age of Kareena?
a) 30 b) 34 c) 32 d) 40 e) NOTA
|1 – E||6 – A||11 – B|
|2 – A||7 – C||12 – A|
|3 – D||8 – C||13 – B|
|4 – B||9 – C||14 – D|
|5 – C||10 – C||15 – C|