Ministry of Health and Family Welfare observes, May 16 as ‘National Dengue Day’ annually across the country to create awareness about measures on dengue prevention and to control the spread of the vector-borne disease and to reaffirm nationwide efforts to tackle the scourge by using both education and medical intervention.
Dengue is a viral disease, which is transmitted by the infective bite of a specific mosquito called Aedes Aegypti. It is commonly spread during the rainy season and it is highly contagious through mosquito bites.
- High grade fever 2 to 7 days
- Muscle and joint pains and
- Characteristic skin rash.
Prevention and treatment of dengue
No specific cure for dengue is available at the moment. Common methods followed for the treatment of dengue patients majorly include
- Management of the symptoms through painkillers
- anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Keep your surroundings hygienic.
- Hydration is also an extremely important part of the treatment procedure.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
Union Minister:Harsh Vardhan (Constituency- Chandni Chowk(NCT of Delhi))
Minister Of State:Ashwini Kumar Choubey(Constituency- Buxar, Bihar)