After conquering Mount Everest, Amputee Mountaineer Arunima Sinha has added another feather to her cap by conquering Mount Aconcagua, Argentina.
- She started her mission on the morning of December 12 and hoisted the Indian tricolour on December 25.
- She has successfully completed the 5th summit of the Mission 7 Summits – Mt. Everest (Asia), Mt. Kilimanjaro (Africa), Mt. Elbrus (Europe), Mt.Kosizko (Australia) and Mt. Aconcagua (Argentina).
- Aconcagua (6,960.8 metres) is the highest mountain outside Asia and is also known as second Everest.
About Arunima Sinha
1988 born story is not less than an inspiration. She was a national level volleyball player but in 2011 she was pushed from a running train by thieves while she was resisting them. As a result, one of her legs had to be amputated below the knee.
- Arunima Sinha is the first female amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- She is also the first Indian amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- In 2015 she was awarded with Padma Shri.
- She has written a book “Born again on the mountain” which was launched by PM Narendra Modi in December 2014.
- She is now Brand ambassador of BVG India Limited.
Arnima Sinha is now dedicated towards social welfare and she wants to open a free sports academy for the poor and differently-abled persons. She is donating all the financial aids she is getting through awards and seminars for the same cause.
- The academy would be named Pandit Chandra Shekhar Vikalang Khel Academy.