The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) & Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) of Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) have agreed to work together on implementation of PM-FME Scheme (Pradhan Mantri Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme).
- Under the PM-FME scheme, the partnership will work particularly on the component of providing seed capital support to Self Help Group (SHG) members.
- An amount of INR 40, 000 per SHG member will be provided as working capital to beneficiaries based on their existing business turnover and requirement.
- The convergence is expected to empower rural women livelihoods in the critical sector of food processing.
- The programme is being executed by the State Rural Livelihood Missions in States/UTs and State Nodal Agencies (appointed by MoFPI).
About PM-FME Scheme
It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme launched in 2020 under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan initiative.
- Total Outlay – INR 10, 000 Crore
- Duration – 5 years (2020-21 to 2024-25)
- Expenditure to be shared by the Government of India and States at 60:40.
- During the FY 2020-21 a total 17427 beneficiaries were scrutinized and recommended for seed capital support of Rs.51.85 Crore. In that States of Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Odisha and Telangana have been pioneer and contributed to over 83% of total beneficiaries and 80% of the total fund.
Recent Related News:
i.On December 18, 2020, MoFPI signed a Joint Communique with Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and signed 5 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with 5 government entities for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PM-FME) Scheme.
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI)
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Lok Sabha – Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Rameswar Teli (Lok Sabha – Dibrugarh, Assam)
About Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD)
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar
Minister of State – Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti (Lok Sabha – Fatehpur, UP)