Miss Colombia Paulina Vega has been crowned Miss Universe, beating out contestants from more than 80 other countries. Miss Ukraine Diana Harkusha was named a runner-up, along with Miss USA Nia Sanchez from Las Vegas.
As Miss Universe, Paulina Vega will receive an undisclosed sum of money as salary, a beautiful and luxury apartment in New York, a wardrobe and oodles of beauty products, and a one-year scholarship from the New York Film Academy.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Miss Universe is an annual international beauty pageant run by the Miss Universe Organization (Headquarters is New York).
- The Big Four international beauty pageants are Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, and Miss International.
- Sushmita Sen (1994) and Lara Dutta (2000) were the only two Indians who won the Miss Universe Title since its inception.
- Indians who won the Miss World Title – Reita Faria (1966), Aishwarya Rai (1994), Diana Hayden (1997), Yuktha Mookey (1999), and Priyanka Chopra (2000).
- Nicole Faira (2010) – won the Miss Earth Title.
- Till now No Indian Woman has won the Miss International Award.