According to the Research Firm Canalys, budget smartphone maker Micromax overtook Samsung Electronics as the leading supplier in India’s smartphone market. According to the reports, Micromax accounted for 22% of smartphone sales in India in the fourth quarter (ie Oct – Dec 2014), ahead of Samsung’s 20%. India has the world’s second-highest number of mobile phone accounts after China. Low-priced smartphones are the top sellers in India. The third position goes to Karbonn mobiles, which has a market share of 9%.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Micromax is an Indian company headquartered in Gurgaon, Haryana. It’s slogan is Nothing Like Anything. It is the tenth largest handset seller in the World.
- Samsung is a South Korean company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul.
- Samsung’s revenue is equal to more than 15% of South Korea’s GDP.
- Martin Cooper – Father of Cell Phones.
- Nomophobia – The fear of having no cell phone signal or otherwise being unable to make or receive cell phone calls.
- The top 5 countries in the world with the most currently active cell phones are China, India, United States, Brazil, and Russia.