Malcolm Turnbull has been sworn in as 29th Prime Minster of Australia by the Governor – General, Peter Cosgrove.
The Australian PM Tony Abott has been ousted by his party in a leadership challenge.
Malcolm Turnbull secured 54 votes from his parliamentary colleagues while Tony Abbot received 44 votes only.
About Malcolm Turnbull:
- Malcolm Turnbull -29th Prime Minster of Australia and Leader of the Liberal Party.
- Turnbull worked as a journalist, lawyer, investment banker and venture capitalist.
- He was first elected to parliament at the 2004 federal election, as the member for Wentworth.
- He won centenary medal for services to the corporate sector in 2001.
- He was served as Minister for the Environment and Water under Howard Government in 2007 and Minister of Communications under the Tony Abbot Government from the period of 18 Sep 2013 to 14-sep-2015.
Books Published by Malcolm Turnbull:
- The Spy catcher Trial
- The Reluctant Republic
- Fighting for the Republic: the Ultimate Insider’s Account
- Capital: Canberra, Largest City: Sydney, Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Monarch – Elizabeth II
- Governor – General – Peter Cosgrove.
- Chief Justice – Roberto French