Jehan Daruvala, Indian racer started his campaign 2016 by winning one of New Zealand’s most prestigious events, the Lady Wigram Trophy, for his maiden victory in Formula cars.
About Jehan Daruvala
- Jehan Daruvala is the youngest Indian racer.
- In 2011 he stood 1st at “All stars karting championship Malaysia”- Yamaha junior.
- In 2011 he stood 1st at Asia Pacific championship KF3.
- In 2011 he stood 1st at super 1 National KFJ championship.
- In 2011 he stood 2nd at CIK-FIA international super cup KFJ.
- In 2011 he stood 3rd at CIK-FIA World championship KF.
- In 2011 he stood 2nd at German kart championship.
- Race was held at Christchurch New Zealand.
- It was jehan’s maiden victory in formula cars since making the switch from karting in 2015.
- Lady Wigram trophy is New Zealand motorsports race trophy formerly it was awarded to the winner of the Wigram Airfield race.
- It made up part of the Tasman series and classes like formula Holden, formula three, formula 5000, and formula pacific.
- Formula 1 greats like Jackie Stewart, Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, Jim Clark and Bruce McLaren were all former winners of the Lady Wigram Trophy.
Some interesting moments of the Maiden victory of Daruvala
- In qualifying 1 jehan managed 8th
- In qualifying 2nd jehan fell to 16th and finished to 13th
- In qualifying 3nd jehan starts with 15th position out of 18.
- The turning point for the Indian came when within one lap.The Mumbai youngster had moved from seventh to first and continued to pull away.
- The race was stopped, earning Jehan his maiden victory in Formula cars.