The National Film Archive of India (NFAI) has launched the competition for creating logo and tagline for the prestigious National Film Heritage Mission (NFHM).
(NFAI Director – Prakash Magdum)
Rs 597.41 Crore
Restoration, preservation, digitization and conservation of the rich film heritage of the country
NFAI seeks to crowd-source entries for the logo and tagline through Government of India’s MyGov portal and other social media platforms of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- The last date for submission of entries is 20th October 2015.
- A panel of experts at the Pune-based NFAI would finalize the winner of the competition.
The best logo would attract the cash prize of Rs. 30,000
Tagline would attract the cash prize of Rs. 15,000
OBJECTIVES of NFHM
- To undertake film condition assessment of the film collection and to ascertain the left over life of the film.
- Preventive conservation of film reels.
- 2k/4k picture and sound restoration of select landmark feature films and shorts of Indian cinema and recording of new picture and sound inter-negatives of each film.
- Digitization of select feature films and shorts.
- Construction of state of the art archival and preservation facilities for preservation of material restored under NFHM.
- Training and Capacity building programmes
- IT solution for effective implementation of NFHM
Logo and tagline would enable people’s participation in the implementation of the National Film Heritage Mission and preservation of rich filmic heritage.
Preservation of films has been a serious challenge in India and lack of awareness among the stakeholders has hastened the loss of a large part of India’s film heritage. This needs to be corrected and NFHM is a step in that direction.