The Trust Fund for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, signed MoU with the New India Assurance Company Limited on providing affordable Health Insurance Scheme “Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme” for the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- Shri Awanish Kumar Awasthi, Secretary, Trust Fund for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and Neera Saxena, Deputy General Manager, The New India Assurance Company Limited, inked the MoU in the presence of Mr. Luv Verma, Secretary, Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities.
- Providing affordable Health Insurance to persons with blindness, low vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, loco-motor Disability, mental Retardation and mental Illness.
- To improve the general Health condition & quality of life of persons with disabilities.
- The scheme has been designed to deliver comprehensive cover to the beneficiary as well as his family (PwD, Spouse & up to two children) has a single premium across age band and can be availed by PwDs aged between 18 years and 65 years.
- Family annual income of less than Rs. 3,00,000 per annum.
- Ensures coverage of any pre-existing condition and a health Insurance cover up to Rs. 2, 00,000 per annum as family floater.
The scheme will be implemented through active participation of the National Institutes and Composite Regional Centres for Persons with Disabilities (CRC’s) under the DEPwD, MOSJ&E*.
*DEPwD – Department Of Empowerment of Person with Disability
MoSJE – Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment