On November 19, 2020 Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC) launched ‘Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund’, an open ended equity scheme that focuses on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and the Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI). The Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund, will be managed by Harsha Upadhyaya, Chief Investment Officer(CIO) – Equity & President, KMAMC.
- The New Fund Offering (NFO) opens for subscription on 20th November, 2020 and closes on 4 th December, 2020.
Points to be Noted
With the aim of creating sustainable wealth for the investors of Kotak, the Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund Focuses on the ESG principles and disclosures of the investee company with flexibility to invest across market capitalisation range.
Highlights of Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund:
The Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund will make investment in companies on the basis of their financial parameters and non-financial factors like ESG as a part of its research process to identify material risks and growth opportunities.
This open-ended equity scheme evaluates how companies make money and how much money the company makes.
Sustainalytics ESG Risk Ratings
KMAMC to support its Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund, will use Sustainalytics ESG Risk Ratings, a leading global provider of ESG research, ratings and data.
The product is suitable for investors as follows:
- Investors who seek long term capital growth
- Investors who invest in the portfolio of principally equity and equity related securities of companies following ESG criteria.
Assessment of ESG performance of an investee company:
Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund to assess the ESG performance of an investee company will view the policies, practices and disclosures of each ESG pillar, i.e.,
- For assessing environmental performance it oversees the energy efficiency measures, waste management including e-waste management, carbon & greenhouse gas (GHG) emission footprint, and renewable energy use.
- For assessing social performance it will look into employee working conditions, welfare & training, and health & safety standard
- For assessing governance performance and corporate governance practices and disclosures as required under the Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI’s (LODR-Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015, it will oversee the anti-corruption policy, no child labour policy, etc.,
i.KMAMC is the 1st asset management company to sign the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI).
ii.Kotak ESG Opportunities Fund was launched on the lines of KMAMC’s philosophy to deliver optimum returns on a sustainable basis for its investors.
Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund was India’s 1st fund house to launch a dedicated gilt scheme investing only in government securities.
Recent Related News:
On September 8, 2020 SBI Mutual Fund launched SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund -Investment Plan), an open-ended fund for parents to invest for their children. It is a part of SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund.
About Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC):
Managing Director(MD)– Mr. Nilesh Shah
Commenced operations– December 1998
HeadOffice- Mumbai, Maharashtra