Eminent physicist and Padma Bhushan awardee Trilochan Pradhan has been conferred with the prestigious “Kalinga Samman 2014” for popularising science among the common man in Odisha.
- Mr. Pradhan was honoured by chief minister Naveen Patnaik at a function. Pradhan is considered an iconic personality and role model for others in the field of advanced scientific research, particularly in the field of physical sciences.
The Kalinga Foundation Trust since 2010 has been presenting the Kalinga Samman to people who have contributed to the growth and popularisation of science and technology in Odisha. Six outstanding persons have so far been awarded.
About Trilochan Pradhan
- Trilochan Pradhan was born on 3 January 1929 is an Indian scientist.
- He is the founding director of Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar (1974-1989).
- Trilochan Pradhan obtained his PhD from the University of Chicago in 1956.
- He headed the Theoretical Nuclear Physics Division at the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (1964-74) and served as the vice chancellor of Utkal University (1989-91).
- The Photon (Nova Science Publishers, New York)
- Quantum Mechanics (University Press of Hyderabad)
- Electron Capture by Protons Passing through Hydrogen
About Kalinga Samman for Popularization of Science
Kalinga Foundation Trust of Bhubaneswar has instituted a state Level Prize called KALINGA SAMMAN for popularization of Science” from the Year 2010.
- Prize is presented annually to an Eminent Scientist and Science Populariser of Orissa for his/her Outstanding Contribution for Popularization of Science among the common People.
- The Prize carries a Cash Award of Rs 1 Lakh, a Memento and a Citation.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification