The Belarusian writer Svetlana Alexievich has won the 2015 Nobel Prize for Literature.
Her polyphonic writings, a monument to suffering and courage in our time made her to win the award.
- She is the 14th woman to win the Nobel Prize in literature.
- She is a journalist and her works based on female Russian soldiers in World War II and the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
- She was born in 1948 in the Ukrainian town of Ivano-Frankivsk.
- She was the first journalist to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- First writer from Belarus to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Books of Svetlana Alexievich includes :
War’s Unwomanly Face
The Last witnesses
Voice from Chernobyl