The 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup was held in Beijing, China from 21 to 29 April. This event was the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic Shooting events and governed by International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF). This World Cup series was also the qualification tournaments for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic. India won 4 medals which include 3 gold and 1 silver, finished first in the tournament.
Top 3 Countries in Medal Tally
- For the second consecutive Shooting World Cup and third time in 2 years, India has topped the medal tally. Earlier at the ISSF World Cup 2019 held in Delhi, India had jointly topped the medal tally with Hungary.
- Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar won India’s first gold medal in 10m Air Rifle mixed event at ISSF World Cup in Beijing. They beat Chinese pair of Liu Ruxuan and Yang Haoran by 17-15.
- Teenagers Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary won India’s second gold in 10m Air Pistol mixed event. They beat their Chinese opponent by 16-6.
- Asian Games bronze medallist Abhishek Verma won India’s third gold medal in 10m Air Pistol with a total score of 242.7. In shooting, Abhishek Verma secured India’s 5th Olympic Quota in 10m Air Pistol.
- A 17-year old Divyansh Singh Panwar won a silver medal in 10m Air Rifle event. He scored 249.0 points finishing 0.4 points behind China’s Zicheng Hui. He also secures Olympic quota for India in the 10m Air Rifle category.
List of Indian Shooters who got Olympic Quota
- Anjum Moudgil (10m Air Rifle women)
- Apurvi Chandela (10m Air Rifle women)
- Saurabh Chaudhary (10m Air Pistol men)
- Divyansh Singh Panwar (10m Air Rifle men)
- Abhishek Verma (10m Air Pistol men)
Medals won by Indian Shooters
|1.||10m Air Rifle Mixed||Anjum Moudgil
Divyansh Singh Panwar
|2.||10m Air Pistol Mixed||Manu Bhaker
|3.||10m Air Pistol||Abhishek Verma||Gold|
|4.||10m Air Rifle||Divyansh Singh Panwar||Silver|
About ISSF World Cup
In 1986, International Shooting Sport Federation introduced ISSF World Cup tournament to provide a homogenous system for qualification to the Olympic Shooting Competition in Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun disciplines. The next ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol will be held in Munich, Germany from 24 to 31 May, 2019.
About International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)
♦ Headquarter: Munich, Germany
♦ President: Vladimir Lisin