Iran has test fired several ballistic missiles in silos across the country as part of a military exercise.
- In the Military Exercise Missile test medium and long range precision guided missiles were test fired from various sites to display the country’s Hostility to confront any threats.
- In the Missile test fire the armaments used had ranges of 300 kilometres (190 miles), 500 km, 800 km and 2,000 km.
The Iran Sanction:
- In January, the US imposed sanctions targeting Iran’s missile programme in response to the last round of tests.UN experts said those tests had violated a Security Council resolution.
- Resolution 1929, which banned Iran from undertaking any work on ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads, was concluded after a nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers was implemented two months ago.
- Iran claims to have ballistic missiles with a range of 2,000km (1,250 miles) that would be capable of reaching Israel and US military bases in the Middle East.
- Aballistic missile is a missile that shadows a ballistic trajectory with the objective of delivering one or more warheads to a programmed target.
- Ballistic Missiles ranges from 150 Km – 5, 500 Km which are capable to attack enemy’s target territory presents in the same continent or across the continents.