India and Sri Lanka kicked off joint exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2015 at Aundh Camp Pune on 29 September 2015.This is the third joint training Military to Military co-operation and interoperability exercise between the two Armies.
DURATION OF EXERCISE – 14 days
- To share the best military practices and promoting healthy military to military relations between the two Armies
- To developing joint strategies by sharing expertise of conducting operations.
- To enhance confidence and trust between the two militaries and engage in anti-terrorism operations under the UN mandate.
- To uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the region.
- To contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military.
- To tap the rich repository of experience of each other and extract maximum learning value from the joint training. Forming part of different levels of the military to military engagement across the entire spectrum of operations, this exercise will enrich the two contingents in further honing basic military skills.
Final Tactical Exercise will be attended by senior military observers of India and Sri Lanka which is scheduled to be held at Aundh Military Station on 10 – 11 Oct 2015.
Sri Lanka President – Maithripala Sirisena
Sri Lanka PM – Ranil Wickremesinghe
Sri Lanka Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (Administrative), Colombo (Commercial)
Sri Lanka Currency – Sri Lankan rupee