Indian army has once again topped the People Talking About That (PTAT) ranking on social networking site Facebook, leaving a host of foreign government organizations behind, including the CIA, FBI, NASA and even the Pakistani military.
• It is for the second time the Indian Army’s Facebook page topped as it’s only two months ago it topped.
• PTAT ranking is based on the analysis of the number of people talking about or on a particular page.
• Official website of the Indian Army gets 25 lakh hits every week. The army first entered Facebook on June 1, 2013 and has since then garnered 2.9 million likes.
• Both India and Pakistan are at war, having blocked each other’s FACEBOOK accounts through Geo location.
• The Twitter handle of the Indian army has 447 thousand followers.
• The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces.
• It is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general.
• It is founded in the year April 1, 1895.
• It is one of the largest standing armies in the world, with 1,129,900 active troops and 960,000 reserve troops.
• The army has embarked on an infantry modernization programme known as Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System (F-INSAS).
• Its motto is “Service Before Self”.
• F-INSAS is the Indian Army’s principal infantry modernization programme, which aims to modernize the army’s 465 infantry and paramilitary battalions by 2020.