The navies of India & United States conducted a 2-day Passage Exercise ‘PASSEX’ in Bay of Bengal (Eastern Indian Ocean Region) from March 28-29, 2021. For the 1st time, Indian Air Force (IAF) fighters also took part in the exercise.
- Indian Navy deployed its warship ‘Shivalik’ & Long-range maritime patrol aircraft P8I in the ‘PASSEX’ exercise. The US navy was represented by USS Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group.
- The participation of Indian Air Force (IAF) fighters in the exercise, gave IAF an opportunity to practice Air Interception & Air Defence with the US Navy.
- The main objective of the exercise is to build on cooperation & interoperability achieved in the Malabar Exercise which took place in November 2020.
- PASSEXs are conducted regularly by Indian Navy with units of Friendly Foreign Navies, while visiting each other’s ports or during a rendezvous at sea.
Indian Navy to participate in French Naval Exercise for 1st time
- Indian Navy is set to be part of the French Naval Exercise ‘La Perouse’ scheduled to take place in April, 2021 at Bay of Bengal. It is the 1st time that Indian Navy will be participating in the French naval exercise.
- Other participating countries include Australia, Japan and the USA (which are QUAD member countries).
Recent Related News:
i.December 28, 2020, Indian Navy & Vietnam People’s Navy undertook a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) 2020 in the South China Sea from December 26-27, 2020 to boost maritime cooperation between the two countries.
About Indian Navy:
Chief of Naval Staff (CNS)– Admiral Karambir Singh
Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy)– New Delhi
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification