International Centre for Clean Water (ICCW), an initiative by IITM(Indian Institute of Technology Madras) to collaborate with DG TAKANO, Japanese firm.
Aim– To introduce new clean water technologies in India.
ICCW and DG TAKANO Signed MoU
Recently, ICCW and DG TAKANO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on projects on clean water. The MoU also aims to develop innovative products that address the existing societal and environmental challenges in the area of clean and safe drinking water worldwide.
The projects that will be undertaken under the collaboration will be in the areas of clean water, water treatment, water security and management that cover raw water and wastewater.
Points to be Noted
- One of the world’s most water-stressed countries is India.
- As per UNICEF(United Nations Children’s Fund), India is facing an economic burden of around USD 600 million annually due to waterborne diseases.
Terms of Partnership:
DG TAKANO will provide its Expertise and support ICCW
- DG TAKANO will provide its expertise on advanced Japanese sustainable technologies.
- To develop innovative products and technologies, DG TAKANO will support ICCW to collaborate with Japanese companies
Interns from IIT Madras will be hired
Interns will be hired by DG TAKANO from IIT Madras.
ICCW will provide Technical capabilities
- ICCW will provide technical capabilities that includes, analysis of groundwater, clean water, treated water, assessment of water security, selection and development of the most appropriate technology.
- It also provides its implementation, local technical training and maintenance support.
Joint Development of New products and services
New products and services that relate to the projects will be jointly developed by ICCW and DG TAKANO.
Joint R&D and Undertake New Projects
- ICCW and DG TAKANO will undertake new projects and will conduct joint R&D(Research and Development) to resolve the water crisis.
- These project spotlights the implementation of proven technology, field testing of the developing technology, development of new technology, educational training and internship programs.
Recent Related News:
On 20th August 2020, The government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) signed an agreement with the Israel’s Water Resource Minister for the water resource management in Bundelkhand region in Uttar Pradesh.
About Indian Institute of Technology Madras(IITM):
Director– Professor Bhaskar Ramamurthi
HeadQuarters– Chennai, TamilNadu
About DG TAKANO:
Head Office– Tokyo, Japan
CEO and Founder– Masaaki Takano