IBPS PO Main 2016 Exam today took place in one shift only. Though the centres were near this time compared to last year, but people faced problem during exam as the systems were not running accurately, they got shut down in between. Even one centre of Lucknow announced that there exam will be rescheduled due to technical problems. Lets see if its happens again or not. And if it happens, it will lead to delayed result. If we talk about the overall paper, it was moderate to difficult and yes this year also the pattern of exam was somewhat changed by IBPS. It removed some questions like quadratic equations, inequalities in reasoning section, etc. It added new type of question pattern in Quant, Reasoning and English section.
Here we are posting the complete exam review section wise.
|Section||Total Ques.||Max. Marks||Level of Difficulty||Good Attempts|
Quant section was fine this time also like last year. Unlike last year, the section included approximations questions also.
- Data Interpretation (Pie chart, tabular missing, line, caselet) – 4 sets (5 questions each) – 2 easy, 2 not that easy
- Number series – 5 questions (asked to find wrong number in series)
- Approximation– 5 questions (easy)
- Inequalities (given some data and and 2 quantiites and asked to find if quantity I greater or lesser than quantity II)– 5 questions (moderate)
- Questions from other topics including Partnership, Time and Work, SI/CI, Averages, Boat n Stream, Ages, Profit/Loss, Mixture n Alligation, Probability – 15 questions (easy to moderate)
Reasoning section was too time consuming. There were no inequalities questions. Blood relation was there but that too in linear arrangement.
The section contained 4 puzzles. There was no input/output question.
- Syllogism – 4 direct questions, and in 2 questions conclusion was given and statements were to be found. (moderate)
- Direction sense – 5 questions (easy)
- Coding/Decoding – 5 questions
- Puzzles n Arrangements – 4 sets (20 questions)
- Critical Reasoning (probable reason, weak argument, etc) – 10 questions (easy to moderate)
- Miscellaneous – 4 questions
English section was difficult. It contained same pattern as that in SBI PO Main 2016 Exam.
- Reading Comprehension – 2 passages (7 questions each)
- Fill sentences – 4 questions
- Which sentence does not give idea about main theme – 4 questions
- Which given sentence is correct grammatically and makes sense – 5 questions
- Sentence Improvement – 5 questions
- Synonyms/Antonyms (Direct) – 5 questions
- Choose from given options the starting of sentence – 3 questions
General Awareness Section:-
General Awareness section was moderate. The static GK questions were also from places and people who were in news in past 2-3 months. The current affairs were also 2-3 months old. The section also included knowledge of banking.
We have shared the questions asked in exam: Click here to read.
Computer section was not easy this time. Many students attempted 10-12 questions in this section.
All the Best for Upcoming Exams