Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples for IBPS PO 2017. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Q(1-5). Study the following data and answer the questions
In the given below table the roots of the equations are radius of the circles C 1, C 2, C 3, C 4, C 5. Radius of the circles are R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 not necessarily in the same order. Below figure depicts the picture of circles with their radius and having common centre O.
- What is the difference between the area of circles having radius R1 and R2?
E. NoneAnswer – D. 44
For Circle C 1 equation X= 6v2, -4v2
C 2 : Y = 5v3, -7v3
C 3 : Z = 4v5, -2v5
C 4 : A = 3v6 , -4v6
C 5 : B = 2v10, -3v10
Since radius is always positive so we have to consider only positive rots
Based on figure R5>R4>R3>R2>R1
Radius of Circles C 1, C 2, C 3, C 4,, C 5 are (6v2=8.485), (5v3 = 8.666),(4v5 = 8.944), (3v6 = 7.348), (2v10 =6.324)
Then raidus of the circles C 1, C 2, C 3, C 4,, C 5 will be R3,R4,R5,R2,R1 respectively
For question difference of areas p(2v10) 2 – p(3v10) 2 = 44 units
- What is the ratio of perimeters of smallest circle to largest circle ?
E. None of theseAnswer – B. 1:v2
Solution : 2v10: 4v5 =1:v2
- What is the area of the largest square that can be inscribed in the smallest circle?
E. None of theseAnswer – A. 80
Solution: Largest square that can be inscribed in a circle will have diagonal of 2R
Side of square will be v2 R
R = 2v10 for smallest circle
Area of square = (v2 * 2v10) 2 = 80
- Which circle is having the maximum diameter?
A. Circle C 1
B. Circle C 2
C. Circle C 3
D. Circle C 4
E. Circle C 5Answer – C. Circle C 3
Circle C 3 is having bigger radius 4v5
- Area of Circle having radius R5 is how many times the area of circle having radius R1?
E. NoneAnswer – B. 2
Area of Circle C 3 = p * (4v5) 2 = 80p
Area of Circle C 5 = p* (2v10) 2 = 40p (means 2 times)
Q(6-10). Study the following and answer the questions
In the given table contains selling prices of items on different days and also no of items sold by two shopkeepers M & N. Cost price ’A’ of one item is same for both shop keepers which is the difference of total items sold by Shopkeeper M & N in rupees.
- Which shopkeeper has earned the total profit?
A. Shopkeeper M
B. Shopkeeper N
C. Both Equal
D. Cannot be determined
E. NoneAnswer – B. Shopkeeper N
Solution: Cost Price = A =110 = difference of items sold by M & N
(253+440+649+407+363) – (231+418+627+385+341) = 2112 – 2002 = 110
Profit: SP- CP based on table
Calculating SP on all days
Then Total Profit earned by M is 5060 and N is 6710
- The difference between total profit earned by the shopkeepers is?
E. NoneAnswer – A. 1650
6710-5060 = 1650
- What is the approximate total profit percentage earned by shopkeeper M?
E. NoneAnswer – B. 2%
CP = total items * 110 =2112*110 = 2323220
SP =(649*120+440*110+253*90+407*110+363*120) = 237380
% = (237380-232320)/232320*100 = 2.17%
- The difference between the profit earned by shopkeepers on Monday is?
E. NoneAnswer – A. 6050
Solution: 627*20 – 649*10 = 6050
- What is the Selling price offered by Shopkeeper N on Thursday?
E. NoneAnswer – D. 90
Solution: 110- 2 *10 =90