Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, the type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
Eight friends – M, R, S, A, P, H, K and B are sitting around a square table in such a way that four of them sit at four corners of the square while four sit in the middle of each of the four sides. The one who sit in the middle of the sides face outside and those who sit at the corners face inside.
B sits second to the right of S. B does not sit at any of the corners. M sits third to the right of P. P is not an immediate neighbor of S. R and K are immediate neighbors of each other but R does not sit at any of the corners of the table. H is an immediate neighbor of neither P nor S.
- Who sits third to the left of A?
E) None of theseA) B
- What is the position of P with respect to M?
A) Immediate to the left
B) Second to the right
C) Third to the right
D) Third to the left
E) None of theseC) Third to the right
- Who among the following sits second to the right of K?
E) BA) H
- Who amongst the following represent the immediate neighbors of H?
A) M, K
B) B, M
C) A, L
D) A, R
E) B, RE) B,R
- Who amongst the following sits exactly between P and A?
A) Only B
B) Only H
C) K and R
D) H and M
E) No oneE) No one
Directions (6 – 10):
(A) only 1st follows
(B) only 2nd follows
(C) either 1st or 2nd
(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
(E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: Some pins are shirts. Some shirts are clouds. All clouds are books.
I. Some shirts are books
II. No book is pin(A) only 1st follows
I follows from 2nd and 3rd statement.
II is not definite since no relation is given between book and pin.
- Statements: No rabbit is a lion. Some horses are lions. All rabbits are tables.
I. Some tables are not lions
II. Some lions are not tables.(A) only 1st follows
All tables are lions is not a possibility, so I follows.
All lions are tables is a possibility, so II does not follow.
- Statements: Some apples are cats. All brinjals are apples. Some kites are brinjals.
I. Some cats are not apples
II. Some apples are kites(B) only 2nd follows
All cats are apples is a possibility so I does not follow.
- Statements: Some towels are brushes. No brush is a soap. All soaps are rats.
I. No rat is a brush.
II. Some brushes are not rats(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
All brushes are rats is a possibility, so II does not follow.
I is not definite.
- Statements: Some As are Bs. All Bs are Cs. Some Cs are Ds.
I. Some Cs are As
II. No D is an A.( A) only 1st follows
I follows from 1st and 2nd statement.
II is not definite