Welcome to Online Quant Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are starting IBPS Clerk course 2015 and we are creating sample questions in Reasoning section, type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Main Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1-5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
Eight persons – A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting in a row but not necessarily in same order. Some of them are facing North and others South.
A and B are facing different directions. Similarly E and H are facing different directions. C sits four places away from D and sits at one end of the row and both are facing South.
The number of persons sitting to the right of F is one less than the number of persons sitting to the right of E. The persons sitting at the ends are facing the same direction. Exactly two persons are sitting between A and C. G sits to the immediate right of B. E sits third to the left of D, who is to the immediate right of F.
- How many persons are facing North?
E) Cannot be determined
- Who is second to the left of B?
E) None of these
- Which of the following pairs of persons is facing the same direction?
A) F, G
B) A, B
C) D, E
D) C, H
E) None from above is facing same direction
- How many persons are sitting between B and G?
- Which of the following is correct with respect to the arrangement?
A) H is facing South.
B) E is sitting at one of the ends.
C) H is sitting second to the right of D.
D) There are three persons between B and H.
E) None of the above is correct.
Directions (6 – 7): A series is given as 612 589 743 468 297
- If two is added to the first digit of each of the three digit numbers given, how many such numbers will be thee which are divisible by 3?
- If the positions of 2nd and 3rd digits of each of the number is interchanged, in how many numbers thus formed the last digit be a perfect square?
- Gokul is Sumit’s father. Varsha is Sumit’s grandmother. Anu is Varsha’s sister. Sheena is Gokul’s wife. Anu is not Gokul’s aunt. How is Varsha’s daughter Reena related to Sumit?
A) Paternal aunt
C) Maternal aunt
D) Cannot be determined
E) None of these
- More and more companies are shifting their focus from industrial development in order to control the climate change these days. Which of the following can be inferred from the statement if it is considered to be true with regard to given information?
Statement: Industrial development is one of the biggest but not the only reason behind global warming.
A) In earlier times, industrial development was not a severe reason for global warming.
B) The nations should also focus on other sources other than industrial development.
C) Effects due to other sources of pollution are more adverse than due to industrial development.
D) A stop on industrial development will make an end to global warming.
E) If sources other than industrial development are identified, global warming will end.
- Statement: For maintenance work, should the national highways in India be given to private companies?
I. Yes. They will maintain the highways better than public companies.
II. No. Because they are meant for public.
A) Only I is strong
B) Only II is strong
C) Both I and II are strong
D) Neither I nor II is strong
E) Either I or II is strong