Indian activist and lawyer Henri Tiphagne has been selected for Amnesty International Germany’s human rights award 2016. The award will be present to him in April at the official ceremony at the Maxim Gorki Theater in Berlin.
About Henri Tiphagne
- Henri Tiphagne is Executive Director of People’s Watch, one of the most notable human rights organizations in India.
- He is the former Member of National Core group of NGOs on National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), New Delhi.
- Former Special Representative for the National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
- He works as a Secretary of All India Network of NGOs and Individuals working with National & State Human Rights Institutions (AiNNI)
- He is the Chairperson of FORUM-ASIA, Bangkok and Executive Committee Member of World Organization against Torture (OMCT), Geneva.
- He is also an Expert Group Member of International Dalit Solidarity Network (IDSN), Copenhagen.
Key Highlights about Amnesty International Human Rights Award
- TheAmnesty International Awards is a unique set of awards which give honor to the best human rights journalism in the UK.
- This Award is offered by Amnesty Germany every two years in recognition of individuals or organizations to protest for human rights under difficult conditions.
- Amnesty Award plays a very important role in encouraging editors and allows journalists to cover more ambiguous stories that are distant and exclusive.
Former award recipients are BBC contributing editor Bridget Kendall, BuzzFeed political reporter Siraj Datoo, Gurdian journalist Gary Younge, editor of the Sunday Telegraph Sarah Sands, ITV News lead anchor Nina Hossain
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification